WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 32): THB 10.3M | Annabelle 7.7M | Leap 4.7M | Wind River 4.6M | Logan Lucky 4.2M | Dragon 2.7M | Where are the clowns, cults, and Cruise when you need them?

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

You know just @ me. Yes, I did considering Dreamworks hot streak for CU and I thought The Star could bank on the holiday season and being a Christmas film. Excuse me for having opinions.

It is weird that Underpants with better reviews than Emoji did worse BO wise. I think Fox really didn't care for it being the last film in the DWA contract. 

I wasn't being mean in anyway but apologies if it came across that way.

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

:sadben: (Still if there's one thing this summer has taught me is that not all major animated films will cross $100M even if it's a brand name.)

Alien Covenant comes to mind in that regard in the live action sense. That had horrible legs!

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

It is weird that Underpants with better reviews than Emoji did worse BO wise. I think Fox really didn't care for it being the last film in the DWA contract. 

I wasn't being mean in anyway but apologies if it came across that way.

True.

No it's not that, I've been under a lot of stress today and I shouldn't have backlashed so hard.

3 minutes ago, MrGamer2558 said:

You bought a ticket to Leap, didn't you? :sadben:

I am 4 months late for that.

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Or he listened to a shitty Taylor Swift song.

o-TRASH-PILE-facebook.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Is it a plus when your voice over work is replaced in a movie that's projected to open under $5m?  It cost money to replace him but they felt they needed to even though they didn't apparently feel they needed money to market the movie...

The only thing I can think is that Weinstein likes to tinker with his movies endlessly and it probably didn't cost that much to replace DeHaan, I mean, voice actors often record their work separately and animated movies routinely have different casts for international releases already. This move was announced months ago, it's not like Harvey booted him after Valerian's opening weekend or something, or there were bad reviews for his voice work. I get replacing the voiceover with something like Her, that had awards hopes and got judged by a way different standard than a small animated kids movie. 

1 minute ago, bcf26 said:

I just watched the mother! trailer. Why does it look like Rosemary's Baby 2.0?

Because Aronofsky has said it's heavily inspired by Polanski's Apartment trilogy. He even released a homage poster similar to Rosemary's Baby.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

The only thing I can think is that Weinstein likes to tinker with his movies endlessly and it probably didn't cost that much to replace DeHaan, I mean, voice actors often record their work separately and animated movies routinely have different casts for international releases already. This move was announced months ago, it's not like Harvey booted him after Valerian's opening weekend or something, or there were bad reviews for his voice work. I get replacing the voiceover with something like Her, that had awards hopes and got judged by a way different standard than a small animated kids movie. 

Harvey is infamous for cutting animated films. The story of Miyazaki's producer sending him a katana saying no cuts on Princess  Mononoke says it all really. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Alien Covenant comes to mind in that regard in the live action sense. That had horrible legs!

That's what happens when you make a shit movie. If it were a decent movie, it would easily surpass Prometheus, and we would get an epic final chapter of the franchise with the comeback of Ripley, instead of this, the franchise is so dead as Katy Perry's career, and it's going to be one of these franchise that end with a cliffhanger.

Congratulations, Ridley, you brought your franchise to Divergent's status. 

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

That's what happens when you make a shit movie. If it were a decent movie, it would easily surpass Prometheus, and we would get an epic final chapter of the franchise with the comeback of Ripley, instead of this, the franchise is so dead as Katy Perry's career, and it's going to be one of these franchise that end with a cliffhanger.

There was like... a million references to other things in that one post.

First you got me thinking of the Xenonorph, then for a second I was picturing KP with fireworks coming out of her boobs, and then Shaliene Woodley and Theo James awkward chemistry. Yuck

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Jonah-Hill-Sick-Reference-Bro-This-Is-Th

I agree that this is probably the last we see of Ridley Scott in the Alienverse. What he wants to explore and what audiences want to see are 2 completely different things.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

There was like... a million references to other things in that one post.

First you got me thinking of the Xenonorph, then for a second I was picturing KP with fireworks coming out of her boobs, and then Shaliene Woodley and Theo James awkward chemistry. Yuck

I'm just like my girl Taylor, I have a bit of shade to everyone. :ph34r: 

5 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Not defending the movie, but the Alien franchise simply isn't that big of a draw. It was always going to be downhill after Prometheus.

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Jonah-Hill-Sick-Reference-Bro-This-Is-Th

I agree that this is probably the last we see of Ridley Scott in the Alienverse. What he wants to explore and what audiences want to see are 2 completely different things.

Fox is going to do a Alien reboot in about 5-10 years and there is nothing Ridley can do about it.

36 minutes ago, CJohn said:

LOOK AT WHAT YOU MADE ME DO

:jeb!:

LOOK AT WHAT YOU JUST MADE ME DO LOOK AT WHAT YOU JUST MADE ME DO

:jeb!:

LOOK AT WHAT YOU JUST MADE ME DO LOOK AT WHAT YOU JUST MADE ME DO

• Sad 1