Incarnadine

Theater bans Gone With The Wind for being "Insensitive"

17 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Yea that whole "we are all human!" shit is a lil different when you have to face actual real life institutional discrimination because of it. 

As a brown Latino , I completely disagree. 

The fact I hate how Hollywood represent us shouldn't be a reason to ban those movies.

America literally choose a guy that hate us and want us out. Yet we don't try to ban movies out of thin air

7 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

I never thought America could go anywhere close to our level of banning cultural and entertainment products.

Guess I was wrong.

1 theater not showing a movie /= government banning something from the entire country

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

This is also only one theater that isn't showing Gone with the Wind. It's not like the film is being removed from stores or digital sources. It's not as if AMC - as in the cable station, not the theater chain - has announced that they're not going to marathon it on Thanksgiving.

Edited by Webslinger
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

For me it is really simple:

It would have been fine If they did cast a person of colour in GoT or Lotr or whatever but that doesn't mean that they would have to cast one just for the sake of having a person of colour.

So what about an all black cast? Would that be as offensive to you as an all white cast??

No. Because the last century of film hasn't consisted almost entirely of movies with all-black casts.

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I can imagine one day modern GWTW- Titanic, could get banned because of absence of colour-people in the movie

Every time I think this thread can't possibly top itself it somehow succeeds in doing just that.

48 minutes ago, cookie said:

Extreme examples like that aren't exactly comparable to broad fantasy.

47 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

No he's right. I hate how liberal Hollywood is always shoehorning minorities into movies about white Irish albino families. It makes me sick.

One forgets sarcasm doesn't get you too far in this Internet age 

I'm not reading through this whole thread, but problem with GWTW isn't that they didn't cast enough people of color. Do people seriously think that's what's wrong?

The problem is the constant racism from literally every character. They glorify the klan at one point. Frank and Ashley are members and they join up with them to go destroy an entire shanty town and kill everyone there because Scarlet was almost robbed by two men while passing through it. And yet we are supposed to think these are the good guys.

3 minutes ago, Frozen said:

I'm not reading through this whole thread, but problem with GWTW isn't that they didn't cast enough people of color. Do people seriously think that's what's wrong?

The problem is the constant racism from literally every character. They glorify the klan at one point. Frank and Ashley are members and they join up with them to go destroy an entire shanty town and kill everyone there because Scarlet was almost robbed by two men while passing through it. And yet we are supposed to think these are the good guys.

No nobody was making that argument, that's just where the topic ending up going.

10 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

Oh does one? Sorry I thought you were being serious about Irish albino movies, I didn't realize you were being sarcastic my mistake.

Yes that was sarcasm, I don't think Irish albino films exist