That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Even Sophia Lillis has said she wanted Jessisca Chastain to play grown up Beverly.

I can't wait until Chastain does a great job in this and make people forget about ever wanting Amy Adams for the role.

Sophia Lillis has said BOTH jessica chastain and amy adams could play her. It depends on which interview you were watching - in some interviews she said amy adams, in other jessica. In one interview she basically acknowledged an awareness that jessica had a relationship with the director from a previous film... so I think she probably feels like jessica was a shoe-in as the directors personal choice (which would no doubt affect what she says as well).

Edited by Tyrian

The issue is that Amy Adams has never shown any interest in the Beverly role, certainly not like how Chastain has been campaigning for the role.

You people are assuming Adams really wanted to be in this movie and WB completely ignored her because he is best buddies with Chastain or something.

Adult Bev also needs to be played by an actress that can show off being really damaged, Adams keeps giving off a "nice" vibe. I never believed her to be a hard boiled tough reporter Lois Lane even once.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

The issue is that Amy Adams has never shown any interest in the Beverly role, certainly not like how Chastain has been campaigning for the role.

Campaigning rarely works to land a role anyway. Chastain isn't so much "campaigning", but she has been acting like she already got the part (with probably good reasons).

I imagine Chastain had to go through the process of getting the role just like any other actor for a movie.

She had to audition for it and the final decision will be up to WB and New Line whether she gets it or not. Being buddies with the director only helps so much. This isn't a movie that Andy Muschietti is filming in his garage where he can cast whoever he wants, but big budget movie with millions of dollars at stake.

i imagine it's a similar situation w/ michael b. jordan in black panther, who said he didn't need to audition ryan coogler just asked him to be in it. chastain was probably at least near the top of everyone's list anyway. her and adams were pretty much the only names that were thrown around for it.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Pratt would take a pay cut. All actors do that for projects that couldn't be taken off the ground otherwise. Those fables 20-50M salaries are not for every movie. Most of them are paid less for majority of their work but only get maximum for specific roles (example RDJ for Iron Man, Depp for CJS). 

It's a sequel to a 700mil blockbuster, he wouldn't take a pay cut.

3 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

It's a sequel to a 700mil blockbuster, he wouldn't take a pay cut.

But what is his salary for films now?  I know he got paid well for Passengers but it's not like Pratt is going to make 12 million a film every time.  I'm curious as to what he got for Cowboy Ninja Viking.  

The thing with Adams is Lillis is already playing a younger version of her in Sharp Objects and I think it’d be too much to have her once again be an older version of a Lillis character. Even if there’s a huge similarity.

Edited by Rman823

15 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

I imagine Chastain had to go through the process of getting the role just like any other actor for a movie.

She had to audition for it and the final decision will be up to WB and New Line whether she gets it or not. Being buddies with the director only helps so much. This isn't a movie that Andy Muschietti is filming in his garage where he can cast whoever he wants, but big budget movie with millions of dollars at stake.

Most actors of a certain stature don't have to audition any more.  Their prior work speaks for itself unless it's a role completely out of their wheelhouse or they desperately want something they're strongly not being considered for. 

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

Most actors of a certain stature don't have to audition any more.  Their prior work speaks for itself unless it's a role completely out of their wheelhouse or they desperately want something they're strongly not being considered for. 

Exactly. You don't have to be an A list to be an actor that directors want cause of who they are. In fact, industry is full of actors who aren't household names that industry knows and respects and wants because they are them. Michael Shannons, Michael Stuhlbargs,  most of older British actors that populate British biopics/Harry Potter/GoT/Downton Abbey/The Crown/etc do not audition. They get cast cause they are them. 

Same goes for JC, Hader, McAvoy, etc. That JC would be cast was a given cause she and Muschetti (sp?) are friends and Bev is a ginger. It doesn't matter whether Sophia Lillis looks more like Amy or Jess, they never go for super likeness anyway. Passing resemblance is enough. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 3

2 of the kids are making their money.  Good for them :) 

https://411mania.com/movies/it-child-stars-set-make-double-sequel/

TMZ reports that IT stars Jaeden Lieberher and Sophia Lillis, who played Bill Denbrough and Beverly Marsh respectively, are set to make double their pay for IT Chapter Two.

Lieberher earned $100,000 for the 2017 film and a $35,000 box office bonus. Lillis earned $65,000. For Chapter Two, Lieberher will get $250,000 with a possible $70,000 bonus, while Lillis will get $150,000. The new film is expected to focus on the adult versions of both characters, so the two child actors will be making more money for less screen time.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2018 at 3:20 PM, Mojoguy said:

People cast actors in movies because they know them/have a relationship with them all the time, it's no different then any other part of the work industry.

10 minutes ago, Kalo said:

People cast actors in movies because they know them/have a relationship with them all the time, it's no different then any other part of the work industry.

yep and open casting calls are actually more rare for main roles than we think. They do that to hype some really big movie (Harry Potter, TFA) but they surround the main newcomer with veterans and pros who are cast because their work is known. They don't audition. I bet that Dune adaptation, for example, may have casting call for Paul, Feyd-Rautha, Chani and Alia cause young characters, or they'll test some rising stars that aren't household names yet (like they tested Aden, etc for Solo), but you bet that adult roles such as Lady Jessica, Duke Leto, Baron Harkonen, Stillgar are going to be given to known actors on basis of their work and industry friendship. Nobody auditioned Woody Harleson for Solo. he got the part cause he's Woody. So my bet is that we'll see, lets say, Jess or Amy or Charlize offered Lady Jessica, Elba for Gurney or Stilgar, etc. 

23 hours ago, 75Live said:

2 of the kids are making their money.  Good for them :) 

https://411mania.com/movies/it-child-stars-set-make-double-sequel/

TMZ reports that IT stars Jaeden Lieberher and Sophia Lillis, who played Bill Denbrough and Beverly Marsh respectively, are set to make double their pay for IT Chapter Two.

Lieberher earned $100,000 for the 2017 film and a $35,000 box office bonus. Lillis earned $65,000. For Chapter Two, Lieberher will get $250,000 with a possible $70,000 bonus, while Lillis will get $150,000. The new film is expected to focus on the adult versions of both characters, so the two child actors will be making more money for less screen time.

That's good news.  I'm glad there will be some focus on the kids still.  They are a huge part of this vibe.

• Like 1