CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

Also, Andy Muschietti has just gained himself the right to direct whatever the Goddamn hell he wants from this point onwards.

Now watch as Disney gets him to direct Star Wars Ep. IX :ph34r:

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Also, Andy Muschietti has just gained himself the right to direct whatever the Goddamn hell he wants from this point onwards.

Now watch as Disney gets him to direct Star Wars Ep. IX :ph34r:

Then fires him!

5 hours ago, aabattery said:

300M is looking very solid. The only movies that opened above 120M to miss it was DH1 and the Twilight's. I doubt that this will be that frontloaded.

I bet @The Pumpkin Spice Panda is feeling mighty smug right about now.

This is just making me wish I had stanned even harder.

Honestly, this was one of the best theater-going experiences I've had in a while (along with GET OUT) and why I'm predicting major legs. People were super into it and hollering and clapping and laughing at virtually every second line. It was actually kind of exhilarating? I suspect when I catch it on demand in six months, the film's flaws will stick out way more without a raucous crowd and I'll be like, 'uh, why did I like this so much?'

Edited by snarkmachine
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Yes but in this case it's actually justified :)

Ehh, to be fair, Star Wars is doing okay. But yes, it would be more of a Kathleen Kennedy directed SW movie than anything if the batches of "creative difference" firings are telling.

If I were WB, I would definitely keep him on their roll. If he's not signed for It: Chapter 2 by Monday, they failed. And then after that, get him to direct a Fantastic Beasts movie, since Yates shouldn't be given the reigns of the whole franchise and some creative diversity is more than welcome (or you could even sign him to do Flashpoint or Justice League Dark for the DCEU, but I think he's a better fit for the Potterverse).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Doug Liman's STYLE would not fit well with Star Wars with Kennedy breathing down his neck.  Won't be Doug Liman enough.  Hard pass.

Kennedy can't contain him. She's not Doug Liman enough.

• Like 1

So, I've decided to return to the forums after a few weeks of hiatus because of the boring-ass late summer box office only to come back and see that It is opening to 120m+ OW? I mean, WHAT THE FUCKING FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK? An R-rated, non-3D horror movie is going to outopen a PG-13 MCU Spider-Man movie. Let that sink in for a moment. I don't think a lot of people realise the magnitude of this. This could miss a 2x multiplier at this point and it would still be one of the greatest box office stories ever. Absolutely insane!

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Doug Liman's STYLE would not fit well with Star Wars with Kennedy breathing down his neck.  Won't be Doug Liman enough.  Hard pass.

Just now, Boxofficerules said:

Anyone who signs onto Star Wars should probably know they aren't going to have any creative control!

And these are the reasons why the tons of people out there who pray for a Christopher Nolan-directed SW film are delusional dreamers. Nolan and Kennedy would clash harder than Vader and Luke in ROTJ.