CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

Best Case IT Prediction (Weekend Numbers Keep Going Up)

51m

46.5m

32.5m (130m Weekend)

11m

15.5m

10.5m

9.7m (176.7m Week)

19.9m

26.9m

17.5m (64.3m Weekend) / 50.5% Drop

241m 10 Day Total

5.6m

7.9m

5.5m

5.2m (88.5m Week)

265.2m 14 day total

Total: $360m (2.77x)

Edited by the beast
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyK said:

The bigger they are, the harder they fall.....

Will be an interesting week for sure, next weekend will tell us if this is going to be a $400m movie.

That's really not true. Plenty of big openers had decent legs. The Saturday number is great, ignoring that that is a good sign for it's legs is odd.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

For the first time in years , decade even we have a horror movie in its true form, not the stuck in the house and house is haunted or family focused but a true horror film with humor and not needless sex or nude scenes to bring in audiences , finally an event horror movie , most of the theater in my crowd was thrilled with one saying when walking out at the end "finally they made a good horror movie " 

• Like 5

Up there with American Sniper, Jurassic World and Deadpool for most surprising openings since I've been watching box office (summer 2013).  I was going to wait until tuesday but I think I'll go today, contribute to a softer sunday drop, you're welcome everyone 

18 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Forget Rotten Tomatoes, it is the Youtube Views Rule now.:ohmyzod:

This means that once Thor3 fails to gross 300 million domestic and 1 billion worldwide we will all go back to "No such thing as YT view rules!" (then we'll go back to "See? YT views rules bitches!") once the next YT views underperformer turns into a box office behemoth). :D 

4 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

It would be soo cool If Disney didn't win the DOM or WW crown... I guess it's not easy at all but If there is a chance it happens it's gonna be this year.

2018 will be a massacre..

If everything goes perfectly, Panther, IW, Solo, and TI2 do $400M+, with the former breaking out. Everything else has potential to be $200M+ (AMATW, WIT, maybe Ralph 2), $100M+ (Magic Camp, Nutcracker), and $300M+ (Poppins)

• Like 1