CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Ehh, to be fair, Star Wars is doing okay. But yes, it would be more of a Kathleen Kennedy directed SW movie than anything if the batches of "creative difference" firings are telling.

If I were WB, I would definitely keep him on their roll. If he's not signed for It: Chapter 2 by Monday, they failed. And then after that, get him to direct a Fantastic Beasts movie, since Yates shouldn't be given the reigns of the whole franchise and some creative diversity is more than welcome (or you could even sign him to do Flashpoint or Justice League Dark for the DCEU, but I think he's a better fit for the Potterverse).

No no no no! Yates is the best thing that happened to the HP movies. He knows his job and, most important of all, Rowling likes him. That is paramount when it comes to the movies coming out right. And even if WB would want to change the director, I doubt Rowling would let it happen. I think she has even more power than people here think.

4 minutes ago, James said:

No no no no! Yates is the best thing that happened to the HP movies. He knows his job and, most important of all, Rowling likes him. That is paramount when it comes to the movies coming out right. And even if WB would want to change the director, I doubt Rowling would let it happen. I think she has even more power than people here think.

What? Yates is boring enough to almost completely suck the magic out of Harry Potter. I've never seen someone make such a vivid world feel quite so flat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So now that everybody has it fever, for those of you who have never really read a lot of Stephen King, I've said to my friends in the past that he is the John Hughes of horror novels. A lot of his books and stories deal with youth and coming of age and so on. It is basically a John Hughes horror movie LOL.

• Like 5

Just now, That One Guy said:

Yates is probably one of the blandest directors working today.

He has a completely anonymous directing style that I'm sure every studio wishes they could hire for every major project of theirs. Maybe he will if he ever gets tired of making Harry Potter universe movies (he won't as long as the huge grosses keep coming in).

I really don't get the Yates hate. At least for his work in the Harry Potter series.

I found DH1&2 to be better than the book. I also really liked the way they did HBP.Order could have been better but still decent enough. Those movies are beloved so nothing to be ashamed of from his part.

He's worse than Cuaron though. That's undeniable!

Edited by FantasticBeasts
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Yates would be perfect for Star Wars because nothing would be lost in the creative process

David Yates Drops Out of Star Wars Over Creative Differences. They Won't Let Him Make The Movie Drab and Grey Enough.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I really don't get the Yates hate. At least for his work in the Harry Potter series.

I found DH1&2 to be better than the book. I also really liked the way they did HBP.Order could have been better but still decent enough. Those movies are beloved so nothing to be ashamed of from his part.

He's worse than Cuaron though. That's undeniable!

Did you see Fantastic Beasts?

Just now, That One Guy said:

Judging by his username, I'm gonna guess that he did see Fantastic Beasts

he's probably asking because after seeing FB. why would he want to pick that as a username? :ph34r:

Spoiler

:P  i kid, I kid

• Like 1