CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

14 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Did WNTTAK underpredict this? :D

Yes he made another embarrassing "I hate WB" prediction. I think he actually predicted it would open with only 5 mil more than Annabelle Creation despite having far, far more buzz and advanced ticket sales.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

Holy shit, in all of my years of following the box office, I don't think I've ever encountered such an incredible opening weekend, especially considering its genre, that's an insane number for It.

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

We're witnessing history here folks.  A $35M horror film opening to the same levels as huge $150M+ superhero tentpoles.

What a time to be alive. Amazing!

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Home Again opened pretty decently too :sparta: 

Considering it was going up against a box office behemoth, it could have done worse. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

44M Saturday??! Wow. WB and the filmmakers definitely made the right choice with their decisions on It. From the marketing to making this a horror film that's accessible to everyone, and not just fans of the genre/book/TV series. They deserve all the success that's coming. 

Just now, XO21 said:

C'mon WB didn't skip a beat since the first trailer dropped but this is insane

Yeah, WB's marketing was on point as usual. I hope they give those folks some promotions.

And we had some people here worried about the review embargo, but that's just how WB works. 

• Like 1

http://deadline.com/2017/09/stephen-king-it-home-again-box-office-1202163667/

Updated Saturday PM: With a strong hold from Friday to Saturday, Stephen King’s It is looking to pass $120M by the end of its three-day weekend, just as our tracking experts predicted earlier todday. Current estimates have the Andy Muschietti-directed horror film floating around $123.5M right now, down only 8% from last night. Today pulled in around $46.5M after Friday night’s $51M (which included that $13.5M preview).

:what:

• Like 11
  • Astonished 4

3 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

http://deadline.com/2017/09/stephen-king-it-home-again-box-office-1202163667/

Updated Saturday PM: With a strong hold from Friday to Saturday, Stephen King’s It is looking to pass $120M by the end of its three-day weekend, just as our tracking experts predicted earlier todday. Current estimates have the Andy Muschietti-directed horror film floating around $123.5M right now, down only 8% from last night. Today pulled in around $46.5M after Friday night’s $51M (which included that $13.5M preview).

:what:

It just keeps on going up doesn't it wow 44 to 46.