That One Girl

Christopher Robin | August 3, 2018 | 70% on RT (and rising!)

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

And, frankly, when people say they don't fell the hype, nine times out of ten it means "I am not interested in this film".

I doubt this is  baumer's kind of film to begin with. Naturally he won't "feel the hype" for it.

Certain he don’t feel the hype....he probably won’t feel the love either. Ready to not like it because of said low hype.

5 minutes ago, L Silverman said:

Love how people said this movie was gonna have thicc legs.  Boy, do those people seem stupid now.:rofl:

I would not call them stupid but I think their own Nostalgia kind of clouded their better judgment. This generation don't seem to be a huge pooh fan 

1 minute ago, Curtis1986 said:

I would not call them stupid but I think their own Nostalgia kind of clouded their better judgment. This generation don't seem to be a huge pooh fan 

But you have to understand, these people were talking $300m+ domestic, making these really absurd predictions and being all cocky about it.

56% RT, 6.2/10 average score now. Metacritic only has the Seattle Times and San Francisco Chronicle review so that averages out to 82, but it's going down since none of the negative reviews are up on that site yet.

11 minutes ago, L Silverman said:

But you have to understand, these people were talking $300m+ domestic, making these really absurd predictions and being all cocky about it.

I wasn’t... cocky. Just confident

25 minutes ago, L Silverman said:

Hahahaha, from reading the reviews, it would seem Christopher Robin is the perfect cure for insomnia!:lol:

24 minutes ago, L Silverman said:

At least you won't have to worry about cell phones or talking during the movie, just people snoring.

22 minutes ago, L Silverman said:

Love how people said this movie was gonna have thicc legs.  Boy, do those people seem stupid now.:rofl:

18 minutes ago, L Silverman said:

Mom and Dad:  Hey!  Let's go see Christopher Robin!

Little Kid:  Can we just watch educational programming instead?

13 minutes ago, L Silverman said:

You sure seem VERY excited about the one potentially good prospect for Disney live-action movies (better something like the concept of CR than actual unnecessary remakes like Beauty and TLK) being not that great..... :thinking:

(At least these initially tepid reactions justify the late embargo, albeit it's still early so the overall reception will probably improve.)

Edited by MCKillswitch123

9 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

You sure seem VERY excited about the one potentially good prospect for Disney live-action movies (better something like the concept of CR than actual unnecessary remakes like Beauty and TLK) being not that great..... :thinking:

(At least these initially tepid reactions justify the late embargo, albeit it's still early so the overall reception will probably improve.)

Just a little gloating at seeing the overblown predictions for this pic going down in flames.  Call it scahdenfreude.  And yeah, I seriously doubt the RT score for this movie is going to be much better.