WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 61): Kingsman 39M | It 29.8M | Ninjago 20.4M | AA 6.3M | mother! 3.3M | Friend Request 2M (lol)

41 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Well then I hope to never to see you share your opinion on any movie here because it's all subjective and therefore "daft." 

The Exorcist in my opinion is probably the most overhyped movie of all time. There's nothing remotely scary about it in my opinion. It's just a devil having a bad day. Didn't scare me in the least. So yes horror movies and what scares people in general is always subjective No Doubt.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

The Exorcist in my opinion is probably the most overhyped movie of all time. There's nothing remotely scary about it in my opinion. It's just a devil having a bad day. Didn't scare me in the least. So yes horror movies and what scares people in general is always subjective No Doubt.

Scariest aspect was the subliminal images of the demon. 

1 minute ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I can totally see an Exorcist poster with a tagline that reads "The devil is having a bad day.." :D 

Also, what was that awesome description you had for the Beguiled remake? "Nothing happens" and something else??? (Please remember, please remember, please remember...)

38 minutes ago, James said:

From what I read Simon Tolkien was so supportive of the movies that it drove a wedge between him and his dad, Cristopher. But they recently made peace. So I would expect Simon to give up the rights if enough money (and probably Jackson) is involved.

From what I've read Christopher holds the copyright to all the work he curated and edited - which is pretty much everything published posthumously.  I'm sure his will goes pretty in depth as to rights usages - regardless to whom the rights pass (and he has more than one child).

• Like 1

In addition to Fandango B1G1 deal , Atom just put out a deal for $5 Kingsman tickets if you get 3 friends to join.  I'm just glad to see the box office kicking - and so much competing subsidization is great...can't believe I once paid full price for tickets

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gumby said:

Is Friend Request really that bad?

I didn't mind Unfriended, and can find things to like in almost any horror film.

The movie was shot in 2014, released in Germany early last year and just now made it to the States. What do you think?

• Haha 1

Ninjago is definitely WAG's weakest film and weakest Lego film. I didn't hate but I didn't like it either. It's just average.

I kind of regret not seeing Kingsman first.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, James said:

Off topic, but I am rereading Silmarillion and if Simon takes the reins after Christopher Tolkien dies, this will be a gold mine for WB. You can easily get 5-6 movies out of this. And it is ay more epic than LOTR was.

As much as I would like to see a series of movies based on Silmarillion i dont think it will work well. The way the books are written do not lend themselves well to converting it into a coherent continous screenplay. There are gaps of thousands of years in between some of the storyline plus all the characters are new with nothing to really tie it into the existing LoTR/Hobbit movies. 

One thing that can be made into a movie would be a tale based on Narn i Chîn Húrin. 

That storyline was made into a complete book called The Children of Hurin which is for the most part a self contained and great story. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Not getting to see Kingsman till tomorrow night. Given how much I love the first I'm sure I'll at least find this one to be decent enough. 

I really liked the first movie and I can say that this one is decent at least.