aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

BR2049 Audience Score on RT is 83% - started off at 90% on Friday.

Dunkirk went from 92% to 82% over couple of weeks. BR2049 could end below 80% imo.

Just wait till mass audience sees the movie later or on blu ray this will have a backlash worse than TFA 

1 minute ago, hasanahmad said:

Just wait till mass audience sees the movie later or on blu ray this will have a backlash worse than TFA 

Image result for sure jan gif

Usually it's always the movies that were huge out the gate that are subjected to immense backlash later on (which Blade Runner 2049 is not).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rumpot said:

Fwiw in DC and Northern VA Blade Runner so far today has been filling theaters better than yesterday up to now.  Presumably it will have trouble filling the late shows, but 11am onwards the 2 main theaters I follow have been filling up welll - especially IMAX and Dolby.  I wonder if any positive WOM is coming with the caveat, "but make sure to watch it on IMAX, etc"

Not surprised at the bump from initial

So IT crossed 600m ww over the weekend. Will go over TF5 and Logan this week.

#8 yearly list behind POTC5 (795) at #7 [looking at Hollywood movies. Else WW2 pushes both these down a spot as it's above GOTG2].

JL, Thor, SW will push IT to #11.

7 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

actually everyone is eventually going to agree with me, because i am also desperate for my opinion to be validated.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, a2knet said:

The 2009 Trek reboot is my favorite of all SW/ST films. I find a lot of them to be over-rated.

Reveal hidden contents

I mean I haven't seen of the old ST movies. but yeah DMC is better than any of them except maybe TFA

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

Tagged this post for future quote 

cool. and i might just leave this response to my force awakens review here if you don't mind.

On 12/17/2015 at 2:11 PM, hasanahmad said:

The movie was ridiculously good. I don't know what you all above are smoking or are being purposely contrarian or just trolling, looking at the critics reviews, reviews from users on Twitter and Facebook and non Star Wars forums and IMDb and RT user reviews and metacritic . All are overwhelmingly positive and I come here and it starts overwhelmingly negative.

A+

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, hasanahmad said:

deckard character is nowhere like original and is more like indiana Jones character 

I just rewatched the original last week and he's a lot like Indiana Jones there too. An awkward doofus who only ever achieves anything due to a combination of luck and dumb persistence, and seems cooler than he is because he looks like Harrison Ford. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

I just rewatched the original last week and he's a lot like Indiana Jones there too. An awkward doofus who only ever achieves anything due to a combination of luck and dumb persistence, and seems cooler than he is because he looks like Harrison Ford. 

i think the big difference is that indiana jones doesn't speak shakespearian enough. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

He gets beat up by every replicant he fights and half the time straight up loses. If he's the best Blade Runner in LA, makes you question the recruitment pool for the job.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2