aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

From I what I understand if is a 50/50 split with Sony and Alcon (they probably share all revenus with usually sony paying themselves first a little bit), WB is distributing domestic in exchange of a distributing fee (say 20% or something of the domestic gross)

Deadline says WB gets in the area of 10% of Dom gross.

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Deadline says WB gets in the area of 10% of Dom gross.

10% isn't true numbers. If they spent around 70-80 mln for distribution, it doesn't make sense. They believe in 800-900 mln Dom ;) gor BR? I don't think so.

May be WB has all right for TV rights and HV market. Yes, it looks more realistic.

8 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

I don't get it. It's certified fresh at 90%. It should be breaking out

Tomato Law couldn't save War/Apes either, another dark, depressing sci fi flick.

And BR49 was longer, rated R, and based on a more obscure property.

We should've seen the sub-40 m OW coming.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Lol at people comparing Villanueve to Nolan. This would never happen to him

You act as if he made a bad movie. Also I think there is room for two awesome directors.

15 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Denis will have to beg Kevin do a Marvel now.

Survival of the fittest.

Denis doesn't make comedies. Couldn't imagine him ever making a Marvel movie. A DC movie? Sure.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

10% isn't true numbers. If they spent around 70-80 mln for distribution, it doesn't make sense. They believe in 800-900 mln Dom ;) gor BR? I don't think so.

May be WB has all right for TV rights and HV market. Yes, it looks more realistic.

Didn’t Alcon pay for most of the distribution and marketing too though? 

8 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Snowman is embargoed in the US until the night of previews at 9 PM Eastern just before the first showings get out :ohmygod: 

@Alli Sorry, this is a bomb :sadben: 

where did you hear this? i find it hard to believe :(

ok. i checked and it's starting the OS rollout on the 11th  so we'll get reviews pretty soon

Edited by Alli

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

Openings like this make you start to lose interest in domestic box office. Well I guess there was It at least 

I'm regurgitating a little bit of what deadlines and said here in their article but when this movie came out my question was always why is going to be a big hit? The original came out in 1982 and was pretty much a bomb. Now the sequel comes out this year and who is the sequel aimed at? It's a 3-hour movie or three and a half hour movie and people under the age of 40 aren't really going to know much about the film. The Trailer also really didn't give much of a hint in terms of what the story was about. It had amazing visuals and it had Harrison Ford and that's it....you don't really know what the films about. So the deadline article definitely brings up a lot of good points as to why this film really is struggling to find a huge audience.

• Like 3

It definitely makes sense why it's doing poorly, but it's still a little disappointing after those preview numbers. I don't think it was super unreasonable to expect a bit more given the information we had at the time.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Lol at people comparing Villanueve to Nolan. This would never happen to him

In fairness to Dennis he doesn't have a MEGA Blockbuster like NolanNolan probably won't flop in the near future as he will always have that "Dark Knight Trilogy" carryover fanbase that will give his films a chance.  (Plus fans really enjoyed Inception, Interstellar and Dunkirk didn't do that bad at all for a war film)  "Arrival" was Dennis breakout film box office wise and it's not like that killed it too huge with 200 Million Globally.   So if these numbers pan out, they are in line with Dennis's overall performance.  "Arrival" was about a 24 OW.