Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

38 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Lovely day for it. 

p7243wi.jpg

TmFVQK2.jpg

zcD4qP6.jpg

Gorgeous. No joke sometimes me and a select few of my friends think about hauling ass for Australia. I LOVE my country but in a lot of ways Canada is a hot mess right now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Is it just me or have some fanboys (MCU, DCEU, Star Wars, Pokémon etc, there’s no real difference between behavior than what they stan for) have been slowly draining my enjoyment for tracking box office as well as blockbusters.

They all suck. Ban em all.

• Haha 1

With fan-driven properties, the key is knowing which threads to avoid. This one is generally safe.

A few weeks ago, however, I mistakenly clicked the thread for the new Star Wars movie - flame war in progress - thinking it was this thread, then immediately thought: "Jeez, it's infecting the conversation thread now too?!" 10 seconds later, I proceeded to feel like a dumbass. :lol:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Is it just me or have some fanboys (MCU, DCEU, Star Wars, Pokémon etc, there’s no real difference between behavior than what they stan for) have been slowly draining my enjoyment for tracking box office as well as blockbusters.

Fact: fanboys take all of these properties more seriously than the people who made them ever intended. 

35 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Gorgeous. No joke sometimes me and a select few of my friends think about hauling ass for Australia. I LOVE my country but in a lot of ways Canada is a hot mess right now.

Implying Australia is not also a hot mess :P

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Same here.

8 minutes ago, JB33 said:

What's the popularity level of the current PM?

An exclusive Newspoll conducted for The Australian with three weeks to polling day shows the Coalition (Liberal Party/National Party - Centre Right) improving its position by a point to now trail Labor (Centre Left) 49-51 on a two-party-preferred vote.

Bill Shorten (Labor) has also narrowed the gap as preferred prime minister, lifting his numbers two points to 37 per cent compared with a one-point drop to 45 per cent for Scott Morrison (Liberals, current PM)

The election is in 2 weeks. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Fact: fanboys take all of these properties more seriously than the people who made them ever intended. 

Folks who obsess over their fandoms to a huge degree are the worst!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Bet you thought I was going to put something clever there in that spoiler box above.

Spoiler

Nah. Point was sufficiently self-mocking that I didn't think I needed to.

Spoiler

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I can see there is no fooling you, Anakin. We are on our way to Coruscant, the central system of the Republic, on a very important mission

dinner.jpg

we are not perfect, but unnecessary punishments have consequences

the U.S. govt owes us money.  wages are low, everyone should go on strike.

revenge fables for privileged psychos

we are all probably best off being sedated the rest of our lives

Edited by Slave Animal Rights
  • Disbelief 2

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Can anyone tell me if there are any films since 2010 whose final DOM total was updated but the daily gross stopped being tracked before it reached said total, just like what happened with Rampage last year?

Universal does this routinely with its movies. WB did it with not only Rampage but virtually everything it released last year. (The Meg was somehow updated from 143m to 145.4m even though it made less than 100k in its final tracked weekend. Crazy Rich Asians added almost 500k to its total after they tracked it all the way down to less than 10k in its 21st weekend.) 

• Like 2