Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

My dad died this morning of a sudden heart attack. I just....I can't believe it. We had a fun night last night, we were all good....and this fucking happens. While I'm at work. jesus fucking christ man. I don't even know what to do or say or try

Fuck, that's terrible. Sorry for your loss. 

4 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

My dad died this morning of a sudden heart attack. I just....I can't believe it. We had a fun night last night, we were all good....and this fucking happens. While I'm at work. jesus fucking christ man. I don't even know what to do or say or try

Fuck man. I'm so sorry.

Jesus man I so sorry. 

I know I am supposed to be a man but I am gonna join the Mrs in crying.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I just watched Big Fish with my family. Really touching movie (still my all time favourite) given the circumstances of my father not living with us and just feeling so distant from him sometimes. 

@Cmasterclay I'm truly sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family ❤️

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Before Midnight is pretty damn depressing yet so so perfect :ohmygod: If it wasn't for that stretch where Jesse and Celene aren't quite the focus it'd be the best of the trilogy IMO. Hell, it might be regardless. Idk.

I like that it had them interacting with other people for a change. Delpy's "dumb horny fangirl" bit killed me. I also think you can ultimately take it as hopeful, fights like this are brutal but you don't know if they'll end or strengthen the relationship until the air is clear. Maybe we'll see in 2022.

7 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Repulsion is pretty good but super weird to watch given Polanski's history.

Repulsion, Rosemary's Baby and Chinatown are all about the oppression women experience in a male-dominated world, with rape as a significant element in all three (only implied in Repulsion, but pretty heavily), and all of them are very sympathetic to their female characters. Might be the the primary argument in favor of not "separating the art from the artist" but accepting that artists can be wildly messy and irrational people just like everyone else, which I guess is a more challenging idea but ultimately a more useful one. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ddddeeee said:

Had an incredible time at the James Newton Howard concert. Was sat around 10 feet from Zimmer.

That's pretty cool. 

I went to one and pretty sure he has a restraining order against me but I was heckling and demanding only Batman scores.