Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, DAR said:

Planned summer watches of shows I never watched or never finished 

Rome

Boardwalk Empire

Deadwood

Mad Men (watched season 1-3 only)

I'm in the same boat with Deadwood. I watched the first two seasons after the other two shows of the esteemed HBO trinity (Sopranos, The Wire). I loved those shows but just could not really get into Deadwood at all. It just seems like it's lacking the really strong character drama that made those other shows thrive.

Edited by Mekanos

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

I'm downloading Pokemon Quest on my Switch. :lol:

Is it even worth installing?  I’m hesitant about that game and may just wait for the mobile app this June to try it out (much more free space on my phone)

Looks like Smash is what I’ll have to mainly look forward to for 2018.  I’ll try out the Let’s Go game though, I kind of wish they hadn’t done that or Quest and just devoted more time to the 2019 game so it’d either be better or come out earlier.

@WrathOfHan trailer update! Including all of May because I haven't given you an update since Avengers:

13x:

Deadpool 2: Logan, Logan Round 2, Justice League, Black Panther, Annihilation, Game Night Round 2, Love, Simon, Pacific Rim: Uprising, Ready Player One, Black Panther Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War Round 3

10x:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 4, Black Panther, Pacific Rim: Uprising, Black Panther Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War Round 3

Incredibles 2: Coco, Coco Round 3, Coco Round 4, Coco Round 5, Paddington 2, Coco Round 6, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War Round 3

9x:

Mission: Impossible – Fallout: Black Panther, Annihilation, Ready Player One, Black Panther Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War, A Quiet Place, Avengers: Infinity War Round 3, Deadpool 2, Book Club

7x:

Solo: A Star Wars Story: Black Panther, Game Night Round 2, Pacific Rim: Uprising, Black Panther Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War Round 3

Venom: Black Panther, Game Night, Black Panther Round 2, Blockers, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War Round 3

Sicario: Day of the Soldado: All the Money in the World, The Post, The Commuter, Annihilation, Unsane, A Quiet Place, Deadpool 2

6x:

Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Early Man, Peter Rabbit, A Wrinkle in Time, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero, Show Dogs

5x:

Alpha: Dunkirk Round 2, Geostorm, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Last Flag Flying

Adrift: A Wrinkle in Time, Ready Player One, Avengers: Infinity War, A Quiet Place, Avengers: Infinity War Round 3

The Grinch: Isle of Dogs, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero, Deadpool 2, Show Dogs

Christopher Robin: A Wrinkle in Time, Love, Simon, Isle of Dogs, Book Club, Show Dogs

4x:

Tully: Call Me by Your Name, Darkest Hour, Game Night, Thoroughbreds

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: Peter Rabbit, Love, Simon, Pacific Rim: Uprising, Ready Player One

Life of the Party: Hostiles, Game Night, Love, Simon, Blockers

Hereditary: Annihilation, Thoroughbreds, Unsane, A Quiet Place

The Darkest Minds: Blockers, A Quiet Place, Tully, Deadpool 2

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again!: The Post, Love, Simon, Tully, Book Club

3x:

Duck Duck Goose: My Little Pony: The Movie, Wonder, Coco

Alita: Battle Angel: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 4

Mortal Engines: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, The Commuter, A Wrinkle in Time

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Black Panther, Game Night Round 2, Black Panther Round 2

Smallfoot: Paddington 2, Early Man, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald: Ready Player One, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2

Action Point: Pacific Rim: Uprising, Blockers, A Quiet Place

Tag: Unsane, A Quiet Place, Tully

Can You Ever Forgive Me?: Unsane, Isle of Dogs, Book Club

Teen Titans Go! To The Movies!: Paddington 2, Peter Rabbit, Show Dogs

2x:

Polaroid: Wind River, Happy Death Day

The New Mutants: Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2

Eighth Grade: Love, Simon, Isle of Dogs

Show Dogs: Peter Rabbit, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero

Book Club: Game Night, Tully

Won’t You Be My Neighbor?: Isle of Dogs, Tully

Uncle Drew: Black Panther Round 2, Deadpool 2

Sorry to Bother You: Blockers, Deadpool 2

Ocean’s 8: Game Night, Book Club

1x:

The Current War: Wind River

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: The Greatest Showman

Farmageddon: A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Early Man

Mary Poppins Returns: A Wrinkle in Time

Skyscraper: Pacific Rim: Uprising

Pope Francis – A Man of His Word: Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero

Blindspotting: Tully

Johnny English Strikes Again: Tully

Hotel Artemis: Deadpool 2

The First Purge: Deadpool 2

Bohemian Rhapsody: Deadpool 2

Searching: Book Club

Dog Days: Show Dogs

A-X-L: Show Dogs

• Thanks 1

• Community Manager
54 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Is it even worth installing?  I’m hesitant about that game and may just wait for the mobile app this June to try it out (much more free space on my phone)

Looks like Smash is what I’ll have to mainly look forward to for 2018.  I’ll try out the Let’s Go game though, I kind of wish they hadn’t done that or Quest and just devoted more time to the 2019 game so it’d either be better or come out earlier.

Well you can wait for the mobile phone but I don't think it takes up lots of space? It's fun regardless. Some stuff I don't like (mobile phone free game stuff) but it's a real game and I think they have DLC planned. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Well you can wait for the mobile phone but I don't think it takes up lots of space? It's fun regardless. Some stuff I don't like (mobile phone free game stuff) but it's a real game and I think they have DLC planned. 

I’ll give it a try.  I’m not huge on Minecraft, but that was always because I’ve always preferred games with an actual drive to them versus sandbox stuff.

Sounds like Quest has some mission style elements to it

• Community Manager
11 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

I’ll give it a try.  I’m not huge on Minecraft, but that was always because I’ve always preferred games with an actual drive to them versus sandbox stuff.

Sounds like Quest has some mission style elements to it

It's nothing like Minecraft. There is actual drive and is not a sandbox at all. It's more of a weird dungeon crawler? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Goffe said:

Can anyone explain the Italy political situation to me? Someone in the weekend thread said they are going through a coup, which made me google it, it seems like the president vetoed the appointed finance minister? He was not allowed to do that?

A brief investigation suggests it doesn’t seem to dissimilar to what happened in Australia. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_Australian_constitutional_crisis

28 minutes ago, AJG said:

The photo of Drake in blackface is legitimately uncomfortable. I didn’t need to wake up to that.

Go through the Colangelo burner tweets if you wanna take your mind off it.

Man has ruined his entire career to defend his shirt collars :rofl:

50 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Go through the Colangelo burner tweets if you wanna take your mind off it.

Man has ruined his entire career to defend his shirt collars :rofl:

Oh man. This is fucking funny.

37 minutes ago, aabattery said:

@Chewy

Obviously Colangelo didn't trust the process. :P 

I woke up to this news and couldn't believe it.  He hasn't done much here anyway so I don't get why they would even want to hang on to him anyway. 

Surprised they haven't gone the "stacy andrews day" route and keep trying to hype up they renewed Brown for 3 more years

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 1

I wonder if ABC regrets passing on that Full House reboot a few years ago (because they apparently didn't want to do it without the Olsen Twins' involvement) which, by all accounts, is a hit for Netflix. They bet on the wrong show to ride that nostalgia train. Oh well.

5 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Lololololol this is too good

Youre up next Netflix.  Cancel that abomination 13 Reasons why

i mean it's a little different unless one of the kids from 13r was caught on film screaming the n word.

• Like 1