Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

28 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

See, I have an extended family with wildly differing political views...but as you grow older, you learn that those views don't matter...family always comes 1st.  You find the common ground you do have - the love for each other, the stores of memories you have, the interests you share...and you enjoy them.  And you always be there when they need you.  Life is way too short not to be.  My dad, who died young, made us promise to be there for my mom and each other...and I can't imagine breaking that promise over a political view.

I'm always sad to see family who break over politics.  Why argue over them, when you can talk food, sports, games, movies, children, college, books, etc?  When you can try to escape a mystery room, play a game of Monopoly, throw a ball around, lay on a beach, go to a restaurant, enjoy a meal etc...find what unites you, not what breaks you:)...

Politics used to be 2% of a person's life...and we were so, so much more than our views.  We were us, with our skills, our strengths, our smiles, our personality, our interests, our flaws, our knowledge, our quirks, etc...

Okay, I'll stop there and get off the soap box now:)... 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I don't recognize my family anymore... their political views. I feel like I'm in that movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

This only makes it easier for me to go forward with my decision to go away and never come back. I'll find people who deserve to have me.

what are you talking about?

13 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I don't recognize my family anymore... their political views. I feel like I'm in that movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

This only makes it easier for me to go forward with my decision to go away and never come back. I'll find people who deserve to have me.

12 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

See, I have an extended family with wildly differing political views...but as you grow older, you learn that those views don't matter...family always comes 1st.  You find the common ground you do have - the love for each other, the stores of memories you have, the interests you share...and you enjoy them.  And you always be there when they need you.  Life is way too short not to be.  My dad, who died young, made us promise to be there for my mom and each other...and I can't imagine breaking that promise over a political view.

I'm always sad to see family who break over politics.  Why argue over them, when you can talk food, sports, games, movies, children, college, books, etc?  When you can try to escape a mystery room, play a game of Monopoly, throw a ball around, lay on a beach, go to a restaurant, enjoy a meal etc...find what unites you, not what breaks you:)...

Politics used to be 2% of a person's life...and we were so, so much more than our views.  We were us, with our skills, our strengths, our smiles, our personality, our interests, our flaws, our knowledge, our quirks, etc...

Okay, I'll stop there and get off the soap box now:)... 

the first post should be the intro topic for any subject in schools.

I think what divides us how conservative everyone can get (watching events unfold and judging it)

being conservative can stray away from scientific and make people live irrationally 

Conservative makes society behave differently with irrational closed-off values.  I think old people behavior and culture syncing with children will continue to keep the modern world conservative, stunted, or fixed, and puts pressure on Liberalism and World Behavior Reform and upgrading our scientific potential (which seems impossible for older generations)

• Like 1

went a whole weekend without drugs. may sound pathetic to you but that's a big achievement for me, feel pleased with myself. I havent gone a weekend without in about 10-11 months.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

@CJohn Stripped did 8% rating and 17% share this past Sunday. Farmer hit 12% and 26% respectively.

Wonderful results. What a hit :ph34r:

Both channels are preparing new soaps to premiere soon, btw. Both are gonna be around 80 to 100 episodes long. TVI is doing some Mexican adaptation, stylized as a crime series like A Teia, about a really clichéd murder mystery plot. SIC is doing a more comedic plot about a woman played by Maria João Abreu winning the Euromillions. One of them sounds like a winner, the other sounds so bleh. Guess which is which :ph34r:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

14 hours ago, ACSlater said:

giphy.gif

If you break family relations and friendship over simple politics, there was not much a relationship anyways.

That is my logic to it. 

I think perhaps being from an immigrant family, I have grown up being in conflict and learning to accommodate people even when I dont really want to lol. Like I had to deal with a racist older uncle who was my dads brother, but I would still tolerate going to his house as that was the only way to spend time with my cousins :(

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Stripped did 8% rating and 17% share this past Sunday. Farmer hit 12% and 26% respectively.

Wonderful results. What a hit :ph34r:

Both channels are preparing new soaps to premiere soon, btw. Both are gonna be around 80 to 100 episodes long. TVI is doing some Mexican adaptation, stylized as a crime series like A Teia, about a really clichéd murder mystery plot. SIC is doing a more comedic plot about a woman played by Maria João Abreu winning the Euromillions. One of them sounds like a winner, the other sounds so bleh. Guess which is which :ph34r:

What happened to TVI?

They were too many years without competition?

1 minute ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Which big budget blockbusters in recent years has the worst cgi?

Has anyone seen Monster Truck or Gods of Egypt ?

fe13monstertrucks.jpg?w=620

Also, apparently it is much much harder to do attrition than addition on human with CGI, and that seem to prove that rules of thumb:

cavill_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqVkR74_kydjgeTPI

26 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Some of the CGI in the Hobbit movies looked rough and very video game-y when they came out (Smaug being excluded, he was a great creation). I can't imagine time has/will be kind to them.

While I don’t think they’re amazing overall, they fit the general aesthetic reasonably well — which is not unlike a video game. 😬

34 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Some of the CGI in the Hobbit movies looked rough and very video game-y when they came out (Smaug being excluded, he was a great creation). I can't imagine time has/will be kind to them.

That big Orc's ballsack chin has been in my nightmares since 2012.