Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, filmlover said:

it follows a random boy/potential voter whose only goals in life are to masturbate, play violent games, and check out girls, and thinks voting is unimportant. :rofl:

Most realistic thing I’ve heard of all year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@filmlover omfg i just got to episode six.

ETA . omg @filmlover  I just finished.  I was like what the fuck was that.  And my bestie was like: "that was Ryan Murphy, drunk on unlimited power and without an editor, no longer concerned with things like Logic or Appealing to Heterosexuals."

So I'm definitely in the "It was Full Camp (Or Baroque as Ryan Calls It)" Camp.  I didn't find any of it emotionally moving (aside from Judith Light's character) but I did find all of their arch acting and breakdowns delicious.  I have most thoughts but they are all spoilers

Edited by captainwondyful

8 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

@filmlover omfg i just got to episode six.

ETA . omg @filmlover  I just finished.  I was like what the fuck was that.  And my bestie was like: "that was Ryan Murphy, drunk on unlimited power and without an editor, no longer concerned with things like Logic or Appealing to Heterosexuals."

So I'm definitely in the "It was Full Camp (Or Baroque as Ryan Calls It)" Camp.  I didn't find any of it emotionally moving (aside from Judith Light's character) but I did find all of their arch acting and breakdowns delicious.  I have most thoughts but they are all spoilers

Still on episode 5 and have no idea when I'll finish but my main takeaway from this show is that Murphy must've had an interesting youth cause most of the young people in his youth-skewing shows (see also: Glee, Scream Queens) exist in some alternate reality in which everyone dresses preppy 24/7. I've never seen a real teenager who dresses the way his characters do. These people would even make a trip to The Most Magical Place on Earth dressed head to toe in the newest Gucci line ffs.

Edited by filmlover
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Maybe a good clip for people who want to defend unfunny racist “jokes” with “but Carlin”

How honest of him to admit he is a true condescendant, conceited, arrogant & patronizing leftist and that his goal was never to be funny but to be a narrow minded political activist.

I like honesty so good for him.

Also news flash :

the left didn't won the cultural war with the Internet, kids.

It happened somewhere in the late 60's/early 70's.

So Carlin was with the winning team and he knew it.

That s what power is, lecturing people without consequences/risks or critique.

Edited by The Futurist