Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

9 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

What if I'm looking at something short term (high risk, high reward kind of thing)? Just wanna see what kinda returns I get on those funds from investing small amounts. Tried looking through r/wallstreetbets for tips on that but those guys all speak in another language or something. Did see some of them mention some ETFs like UVXY.

WSB is the worst place to go for investment advice. Besides most people over there play with options which I would not recommend for someone new to stock markets. 

For long term safe investments I would get into FD’s and bonds. Another good and safe but low reward option is mutual funds which are like ETF’s. 

Option trading is very high risk but also very high reward kinda thing. But I would not recommend that as it is very complex and difficult for new comers. 

Cryptocurrency is also high risk and high reward. And the whole market is down a lot right now so an entry opportunity might be near. Bitcoin is down near 70% from its all time high for instance. If you do enter this market I would recommend stay away from alt coins and stick to the big ones like Bitcoin and Ethereum. 

There is lots of talk going on that an economic downturn is coming. If that happens then stock markets (and consequently crypto markets) will go down even further. But timing the bottom is something even experts cannot do. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, filmlover said:

The Internet collectively on opening night waiting for the reviews:

Dlisted | Dakota Johnson Called Out Ellen DeGeneres For Skipping Her  Birthday Party

Lea Michele is very talented, and if there's one thing Americans love more than to hate on women is a redemption story. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets praise.

• Sad 1

Okay; suggest time. 

I really need to ugly cry, but I need to mask my emotions through arts. So I’m looking for suggestions, I need some thing that makes you ugly cry to watch?

4 minutes ago, Cap said:

Okay; suggest time. 

I really need to ugly cry, but I need to mask my emotions through arts. So I’m looking for suggestions, I need some thing that makes you ugly cry to watch?

Petite Maman. I don't know if it's available on VOD yet, but it's from the director of Portrait of a Lady on Fire and it's a movie so beautiful and heartfelt that I broke down sobbing in the theater all throughout the second half. It's also just phenomenal storytelling in general that everybody should see.

• Like 1

Aight folks, this weekend is 40th anniversary of Blade Runner!  in 1982, a highly compromised version of Blade Runner was released in theaters.  10 years later, a Director's Cut was released without the dreadful studio mandates.  In 2007, it was further refined with the definitive The Final Cut.  Christopher Nolan said he has seen this movie 200 times.

mnsHRLV.png

blade-runner-movie-screencaps.com-1721.jpFcOTI3.jpeg

Pq65reK.jpeg

GN8iAAe.jpeg

LmBfHgl.jpeg

blade-runner-movie-screencaps.com-8585.j

blade-runner-movie-screencaps.com-9724.j

FpBphwd.png

blade-runner-movie-screencaps.com-8018.j

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Aight folks, this weekend is 40th anniversary of Blade Runner!  in 1982, a highly compromised version of Blade Runner was released in theaters.  10 years later, a Director's Cut was released without the dreadful studio mandates.  In 2007, it was further refined with the definitive The Final Cut.  Christopher Nolan said he has seen this movie 200 times.

mnsHRLV.png

blade-runner-movie-screencaps.com-1721.jpFcOTI3.jpeg

Pq65reK.jpeg

GN8iAAe.jpeg

LmBfHgl.jpeg

blade-runner-movie-screencaps.com-8585.j

blade-runner-movie-screencaps.com-9724.j

FpBphwd.png

blade-runner-movie-screencaps.com-8018.j

Will this help Cap ugly cry tho? 🤔