Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

The NFL has signed an agreement with Australia’s biggest gaming company that includes the right to broadcast Redzone here. 

“But last week $10 billion ASX-listed wagering giant Tabcorp announced it had struck a deal to become the NFL's official betting partner in Australia - the first such deal the league had signed anywhere in the world.

As part of the deal, Tabcorp secured rights to air RedZone on the Sky Racing channel and in thousands of licensed venues around the country.  And broadcast rights experts say the deal could be a sign of things to come.”

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/tabcorp-s-landmark-nfl-deal-and-the-coming-revolution-in-sports-rights-deals-20190919-p52swm.html

Some more D+ deets came out today.

Preorders are now up.

7 day free trial for all new subscribers. (little fuzzy on the exact details on that)

For folks who missed the D23 offer, there's a couple of new offers via Disney Movie Rewards.  Not as good as the D23 one, but still pretty good:

Disney is advising that anyone who wants the D+/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle to wait 'till launch to purchase that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

Fleabag season 2 was perfect. Surprised and happy it swept the emmys. Jodie Comer winning as well is awesome. Generally pretty good winners actually, except for the whole GOT thing but I expected that to sweep and it didn’t.

Yeah, I think the only other thing it won was for Dinklage? I was worried after how loud the audience was responding to the cast when they were on stage (they sure did love Gwendoline Christie!) that it was gonna make a stronger showing.

• Like 1

Also the reviews are coming in for The Politician (Ryan Murphy's much-buzzed first Netflix series) and they're looking not so hot either. I'll still watch but my expectations were already on the low side and this does nothing to raise them. It definitely reminds me of Glee and not the terrific first season either, but the trainwreck-ish ones that followed.

17 hours ago, cannastop said:

Hey Guys! After a encouragement from family and friends, I will submit something to  Zoetrope: All-Story Short Fiction Competition!

https://www.zoetrope.com/contests

I have only a week to write something though.

220px-ZoetropeAllStory.jpg

Thank you, Francis Ford Coppola!

Wrote 1,290 words already! Hope to have 6,000 by Wednesday afternoon and 10,000 by Thursday evening. Then I will edit it down to fewer than 5,000 words. Then submit on Monday!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Wrote 1,290 words already! Hope to have 6,000 by Wednesday afternoon and 10,000 by Thursday evening. Then I will edit it down to fewer than 5,000 words. Then submit on Monday!

Awesome! Keep up the good work and keep us posted!

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Also the reviews are coming in for The Politician (Ryan Murphy's much-buzzed first Netflix series) and they're looking not so hot either.

My beloved Ryan produce a show goes off the rails? I am shocked, shocked

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2019 at 9:00 PM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Still plenty of time to join CAYOM Year 6, although if you want to debut some films and showcase your writing skills, you have until Monday at 11:59 PM EST. 

Otherwise you can still review and read some of the most big films this year: Mass Effect 2, the beloved space opera finale Spark: A Hero’s Promise, an animated adaptation of Super Mario Bros, biblical epic Children of Eden, chilling thriller Borassca and many more.

Today is the last day to join in on all the film fun for Year 6, but you can still participate in the reviewing/Oscars process and join Y7 or future years.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord