aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Is Sherlock Gnomes related to that Gnomeo & Juliet movie that Disney dumped under the Touchstone banner near the start of the decade?

Paramount must be desperate for rights.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, AJG said:

Wait, so at a Chinese cinema they CLAP for the trailers? 

Not at a Chinese theater. THE Chinese theater. It's a pretty famous one in LA. It gets blown up in Iron Man 3. When I say clap, yes they clapped and some shouted in excitement.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I went to the Chinese theater to see Thor 3 at 7PM last night-the whole back of the theater was full, the front not so much. Anyways:

[*] People clapped for the Justice League trailer. (Marvel fans aren't dicks who shout "DC sucks!" Every time I go to a DC screening, someone yells "Fuck Marvel!" or equilavent)

[*] People clapped for the New Mutants

[*] People clapped for Black Panther a lot

[*] People REALLY clapped for TLJ

[*] Nobody clapped for Pacific Rim 2, and I mean nobody.

:rofl:

I can't blame them cause that trailer looks even worse among competent trailers. They make PR:U's direct-to-DVD Mockbuster quality even more glaringly obvious. 

Edited by Valonqar

Just now, That One Guy said:

I am seeing Thor in the same theater I saw King Arthur in and there are the same amount of people in the theater I saw King Arthur in.

King Arthur over Thor confirmed

That’s a bit alarming though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

:rofl:

I can't blame them cause that trailer looks even worse among competent trailers. They really bring out PR:U's direct-to-DVD Mockbuster quality. 

I heard someone at my screening asking the person they were with if they were really making another Transformers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I am seeing Thor in the same theater I saw King Arthur in and there are the same amount of people in the theater I saw King Arthur in.

King Arthur over Thor confirmed

is this the new "parking lot" theory? ;) 

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's a co-production with MGM as well, the last film they did together was Ben-Hur and that was a turkey!

Ever since Indy, Marvel and DWA left them, Paramount hasn’t been the same. I know they couldn’t control the first two leaving but they could’ve prevented DWA from leaving. Now all they have is in terms of franchises is Transformers and that’s kind of fucked and Mission Impossible which can easily go south in terms of box office.

Star Trek, GI Joe, Terminator and TMNT are dead. The DH franchise might be okay depending on budget. Top Gun will likely be Dead in the water and their animation division has nothing and no one. Their only hope is that Hasbro deal.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

3 more people came in.  Never mind.

This is slightly under my War for the Planet of the Apes experience now

How many people were there for Valerian?

Spoiler

B-tch-Please-the-evil-queen-regina-mills

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

BvS was March 2016, Civil War was May 2016. How the hell is that a lie?

He probably thought you meant when I saw Civil War people trashed BvS trailer, like you just mentionned BvS released before Civil War, I doubt you saw a trailer of BvS at your Civil War screening.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

Just now, Mulder said:

BvS was March 2016, Civil War was May 2016. How the hell is that a lie?

"I mean when I saw Civil War people very openly trashed BvS. Either way it's obnoxious imo."

How could you see Civil War in May and have people very openly trashing a movie that came out 2 months earlier?

Just now, Barnack said:

He probably thought you meant when I saw Civil War people trashed BvS trailer, like you just mentionned BvS released before Civil War, I doubt you saw a trailer of BvS at your Civil War screening.

Yeah I didn't mean the trailer.

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

That is the way he wrote it so that is the way I interpreted.  Would be odd for a theater to show a trailer for something that had been out for 2 months already.  

Just now, EmpireCity said:

"I mean when I saw Civil War people very openly trashed BvS. Either way it's obnoxious imo."

How could you see Civil War in May and have people very openly trashing a movie that came out 2 months earlier?

...By trashing a movie they saw two months earlier. I really don't see how that's a "timeline issue" it was 2 months old by that point and a lot of people saw it. BvS didn't get dropped from the general conversation until like late 2016 and even then people still argue about it.