kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

I think this would have rocked late Jan/early Feb...

But seeing the trailer and the "everywhereness" of it, I still think this is gonna do well.  Just like the Uncharted trailer seemed like a fun fresh movie for an actor everyone loves in the type of role he had...

I think Morbius is the same concept - an actor people love in dark and creepy in something dark and creepy and fresh-feeling for supers.

Put me in the $40M+ OW camp...and I might go higher pending reviews...

53 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

an actor people love

Jared Leto? LMAO! isnt he always trashed and panned in his latest roles? i remember everyone hating his joker and its said he was the worst part of HoG

this movie kinda looks like a mid budget wannabe DC film

Edited by Cruel Summer

9 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Jared Leto? LMAO! isnt he always trashed and panned in his latest roles? i remember everyone hating his joker and its said he was the worst part of HoG

this movie kinda looks like a mid budget wannabe DC film

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

People don’t love Jared Leto in anything. 

He has 10 million followers on Instagram

51 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I don't think people care about Leto, hype for this is more because it's one of those "spooky" superhero movies and those usually have a certain audience. 

Yup, My wife loves horror stuff and just made me buy tickets for preview night.  

• Like 3

Wait...this movie has a $70M budget only?

After a series of pandemic-related delays, “Morbius” will finally open in theaters on April 1. Sony executives are hoping the movie, which cost $75 million to produce, will turn a profit by continuing the box office hot streak of comic book adaptations, including “Venom: Let There Be Carnage,” “Spider-Man: No Way Home” and “The Batman,” starring Robert Pattinson.

@charlie Jatinder also posted this in another topic yesterday:

Indeed strong start. Better than Shang Chi. About 2/3rd of Eternals. 

Though also better than Venom 2 but Venom 2 sales trajectory was weird and it's better to just ignore them. I can see $8M+ previews quite easily given Shang Chi over indexed in Alpha and Canada, but will go $7-8M for now as IDK if non-CBM crowd will be that keen on it ike Venom, it's a new character and not Tom Hardy

Another win for Sony.

Also saw this on twitter...not sure if reliable

If this $75M production manages a $50M domestic debut then this will be a HUGE win for Sony. It'll be profitable by its 2nd weekend WW lmao.

Edited by TiagoRodrigues
  • Like 2