kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

This thread is what happens when people start caring more about the connected universes and Easter eggs than about actually making the best movie possible.

I have strong TASM2 flashbacks regarding this. That "movie" also lost its marbles when it came to setting up 10 more Spider-Man-Universe movies and forgot to tell a good story itself.

And by all means i would be very happy if Morbius is similar to TASM2, because that movie experience is one of the funniest things ever produced imo. It actually works incredibly well as a Spider-Man parody!

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

This thread is what happens when people start caring more about the connected universes and Easter eggs than about actually making the best movie possible.

No, this is what happens when people (Sony) stop caring about developing a connected universe and want to make a rushed nonsensical cashgrab in their own sandbox.

• Like 7

The best movie possible is one that actually understood, respected, and well utilized the connected universe(s) it’s a part of and/or adjacent to.

Spoiler

Insofar as this sounds like a flaming bag of shit it’s because they deviated from that, not because they leaned into too hard or whatever angle you’re trying to spin there.

Edited by Villain Legion

3 minutes ago, Villain Legion said:

The best movie possible is one that actually understood, respected, and well utilized the connected universe(s) it’s a part of and/or adjacent to.

Hide contents

Insofar as this sounds like a flaming bag of shit it’s because they deviated from that, not because they leaned into too hard or whatever angle you’re trying to spin there.

Man, the MCU defense squad really gets activated the moment anyone suggests that movies should be more than just easter eggs while having no issues calling other movies flops and disappointments just based on early Friday numbers alone.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, Villain Legion said:

Reveal hidden contents

I agree (Concerning movies that are actually part of some connected Universe) and that is why i still marvel (pun not intended) at Infinity War in particular. The way that movie - imo even better than Endgame - handels its 1000 main characters and never feels overstuffed is baffling to me till this day. No character feels out of place, over- or underused and all the plotlines are working in tandem together despite the film having a literally galactical scale. Unreal and the reason why i think that Marvel will have a hard time topping the end of the Infinity Saga. 

• Like 1

I mean the main problem with this is somehow Doctor Strange’s spell brings Vulture to the Venomverse even though that spell brought people to the MCU universe, and now Vulture wants revenge and wants to set up a Sinister Six type team against a Spidey he doesn’t even know?

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Man, the MCU defense squad really gets activated the moment anyone suggests that movies should be more than just easter eggs while having no issues calling other movies flops and disappointments just based on early Friday numbers alone.

These two things don't even have any relation???

You've failed to show any evidence that this movie is being hurt by "caring too much about a connected universe." The information we have seems to suggest that the movie actually does not care much at all about continuity -- to its detriment. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Lmaooooo, what a fair and accurate characterization 🙄 🙄🙄

I miss the times when I could watch a movie and just a movie. No easter eggs, no connections, no references.

A solo Morbius movie is what I expect and I'm more than happy if this movie is ok on its own. Trailers sold a Morbius movie, but people were more focused on references and connections. 

I think I'll have a great time watching this. Sure, post credits scenes have major plots for future stuff, but I usually care about the movie that comes before the ending credits.

• Like 2

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

I miss the times when I could watch a movie and just a movie. No easter eggs, no connections, no references.

A solo Morbius movie is what I expect and I'm more than happy if this movie is ok on its own. Trailers sold a Morbius movie, but people were more focused on references and connections. 

I think I'll have a great time watching this. Sure, post credits scenes have major plots for future stuff, but I usually care about the movie that comes before the ending credits.

I agree but to be fair, trailers did tease Venom and Daily Bugle and Keaton's MCU Vulture, naturally that's what most people will focus on

• Like 1

I’m pretty easy to please but this sounds awful. Feige and the mcu should stay as far away as they can from this, if they need to give Sony Tom Holland back so be it, just introduce another Spider-Man from another universe. I like connectivity when it’s done right, this doesn’t sound good. 

• Like 2

I'm impressed that Leto hasn't been spending the whole press tour for this talking about how far he went to get into character after his shenanigans from the Suicide Squad promo tour. Like sleeping upside down or feasting on living beings or some shit. The promising young actor from Fight Club and Requiem for a Dream feels like a lifetime ago.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, cax16 said:

I’m pretty easy to please but this sounds awful. Feige and the mcu should stay as far away as they can from this, if they need to give Sony Tom Holland back so be it, just introduce another Spider-Man from another universe. I like connectivity when it’s done right, this doesn’t sound good. 

Feige has been careful to keep Marvel Studios away from the Spideyverse spinoffs. Ther are simply not involved  in the making of these movies.

Only Columbia movies they are invovled in are the Spidey solo ;ive action films.

Though Feige did say he really liked Spiderman"Into the Spiderverse".

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Problem is Mobius IS a part of the Spiderman franchise, no getting around it People are going to expect connections.

So uh, does anyone think this movie will actually get a sequel? Hypothetically, lets say that this movie actually manages to make a somewhat decent amount of money despite poor reviews, would Sony decide "you know what? lets do one more" or "we'll keep the Morbius character around and maybe have him pop up in the next Venom movie". 

Or maybe this movie just doesn't do well at all and they just chalk it up as being a failed experiment. I do wonder how this movie would have done had they just either released it back in summer of 2020 as originally planned or just put it on some streaming service.

Edited by clockwork

Wow that was just impressively mediocre. Somehow made me miss Venom. 

It felt like a bad Netflix film that accidentally made it onto big screen. Some horribad CGI and a really disjointed plot that went all over the place. It's crazy you have this much talent mismanaged but then again this is Sony we're talking about. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 2