DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

3 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Prove it. I heard the same thing about BvS from BvS fans. Supposedly the audience loved it and yet it ended with a 1.99 multiplier.

How exactly would you like me to prove it?  I can only tell you the reaction my theatre had to it and the reaction that other members from this site who are on my whats app group have said about it.  All of us liked it and some of us loved it and my audience clapped at the end of it.  No idea at this point if that translates into a better mltiplier but I hope it does.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Name one comic book movie during the last five years that had reviews as bad as JL's that managed to have good legs?

That would be a terribly small sample size, but

Teenage mutant ninja turtle in 2014, made a 2.915x with a 22% RT score. There is no MCU entry with reviews has bad, not many Superheroes movie except SS and Bvs and Fan 4 with has bad reviews, such a small pool of movies.

If we define good legs to be 2.5 for those deep sequel movies now(considering good reception like Civil War did 2.27, Guardian 2 2.66 and bad one can do around 2.2 or less), Suicide Squad got close with 2.43 (and considering how giants is OW was those could be called good legs I think, they were a better multiplier than Iron Man 3)

7 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Amen - and optimism is already working for the other 2 openers, so who's to say it can't pick up the 3rd a little:)...

Regardless of how much we argue on here, I don't think we should take so much pride in when films flop or underperform. A healthy box office is a good box office regardless. Plus for all we know, Justice League could hold just fine. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

I doubt there will be any big JL defenders in a year or so like there is for BvS.

Most positive JL reaction is like it was entertaining and fun, and movies of that kind tend to fall into oblivion pretty easily given how many blockbusters intended to be "entertaining and fun" are churned out every year.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Christmas baumer said:

How exactly would you like me to prove it?  I can only tell you the reaction my theatre had to it and the reaction that other members from this site who are on my whats app group have said about it.  All of us liked it and some of us loved it and my audience clapped at the end of it.  No idea at this point if that translates into a better mltiplier but I hope it does.

It'd be interesting if we could break down "age" likes for these movies...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I heard the same thing about bvs. "My friends loved it" and "audiences were applauding it at the end." Excuse me if I don't listen to that sort of talk right now.

5 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Thors story of success, so do I believe, has its origin in only a single line in the trailer, that was worth millions of Dollars. "I know him. He's a friend from work".
It's a stand out line everybody seeing the trailer connected with. Whoever wrote it, should get an extra paycheck. 

It was a make-a-wish foundation kid who visited the set who helped come up with that line. 

• Like 5

JL forecast:

38M

30M (-21%)

21M (-30%)

89M Weekend

Remainder of this week: 41M (130M Total)

Nov 24: 55.2M (8.4M weekdays, 196.6M Total)

Dec 1: 13.6M (4M weekdays, 214.2M Total)

Dec 8: 6.5M (2M weekdays, 222.7M Total)

Dec 15: 2.7M (1.5M weekdays, 226.9M Total)

Dec 22: 800k (1M weekdays, 228.7M Total)

Dec 29: 800k (600k weekdays, 230.1M Total)

Final Total: 232M (2.6x)

• Like 3

Honestly, I can't even defend JL. It has nothing that I love about DC films, deeper meaning (some may see it different), awesome music, very well shot, grittier tone. JL is in a tough spot because it pisses off people like me but also annoys the GA

3 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I heard the same thing about bvs. "My friends loved it" and "audiences were applauding it at the end." Excuse me if I don't listen to that sort of talk right now.

You're excused from the rational talk then.  Continue on with your outlook.  Whatever makes you feel right is okay with me.  I'm not trying to convince you of anything.  Just telling you like it is.  

I can't believe JL is selling like crazy here in Brazil. Again tons of sellouts for tomorrow. 1.1 million tickets sold in 2 days.

Unlike Warner Bros America, Warner Bros Brazil is making a good job and promoting the hell out of this movie. Even my mom wants to watch JL, and she only watched BVS (and disliked it, lol ). I'll be watching it again in the next hours. I had a great experience for the first time, despite a drunk guy screaming sometimes. Hopefully, no drunk people this time, lol.

That being sad, JL is paying the price for BVS and SS. You can't take your audience for granted. Wonder Woman was something different and was a prequel. But BVS and SS killed a lot of the hype for JL. 

• Like 1

Just now, Poseidon said:

You may think the line is childish, doesn't change the fact, that it's the line everybody was talking about. 

Lol no I wasn’t being ironic. 

The line really was actually written by a kid.

One of a BTS making stories of Ragnarok. Look it up. 

• Like 1