DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

1 minute ago, filmnerdjamie said:

He looked miserable, Gadot looked like she was reading off cue cards and Cavill kept mugging it with the smiles.

I never got the feeling anybody cared.

I thought he phoned it in too. Not just in reshoots, in the whole thing. Even the voice would go on and off. Gadot had little of the heart and charisma of Diana from Wonder Woman.

And Cavill just felt off and as wooden as ever. The whole thing felt off to me.

Just now, filmnerdjamie said:

Yeah... if we thought Apocalypse did bad (and it did OK - just under-performed against expectations), Jesus is it going to be brutal next year with Dark Phoenix.

Yeah. Im a big X-Men Fan so i will watch it, but i actually think it will be lucky to cross 100M DOM if it doesnt offer an exciting hook.

Just now, filmnerdjamie said:

Yeah... if we thought Apocalypse did bad (and it did OK - just under-performed against expectations), Jesus is it going to be brutal next year with Dark Phoenix.

Dark Phoenix and the Bumblebee movie a month apart... goodness

If I didn't have faith in Wan you could throw Aquaman in there too

And to think just as DCEU was finding it's footing...

Maybe this'll cause some caution with WB. Justice League was good, but maybe now they know they can't just make "good" movies. The quality control is going to be through the roof hopefully for the next few films.

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Dark Phoenix and the Bumblebee movie a month apart... goodness

If I didn't have faith in Wan you could throw Aquaman in there too

Aquaman is going to disappoint. Solo should move to that weekend.  I am seeing under 140m domestically for Aquaman 

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

Dark Phoenix will go one of two ways. If it's another disappointing/poor effort like Apocalypse, it's going to bomb hard DOM and probably limp past 100. Or it will be well received and perform like First Class (modest opening, solid legs), leading to a similar total as Apocalypse. OS should hit 300 or so regardless though, so it has some insurance. 

1 minute ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Aquaman is going to disappoint. Solo should move to that weekend.  I am seeing under 140m domestically for Aquaman 

Disney already has Mary Poppins Returns set for Christmas so that's not happening.

Speaking of which, I feel like Justice League (itself a troubled production) is a glimpse of what we can expect for Solo. It's likely going to end up being a very disjointed movie given its behind-the-scenes woes.