That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Holy shit, will JL finish below Ragnarok? That's mad to think about.

Good opening for Coco. Kinda disappointed in OTB (I thought people would have an appetite for a feelgood story about this theme), but at the same time, it makes sense. I doubt audiences wanna watch movies about a subject whose wounds it left are still very painful in this moment.

OTB?

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

1.75x the weekend more is the best JL can do imo. 1.75x is more than both FB and MJ1,2.

That gives 171.9+41.1*1.75 = 243.8 dom.

And based on its hold this weekend there is zero reason to expect it to do that.  I think this is finishing right around Fantastic Beasts number domestically. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, a2knet said:

1.75x the weekend more is the best JL can do imo. 1.75x is more than both FB and MJ1,2.

That gives 171.9+41.1*1.75 = 243.8 dom.

I don't see that happening after how much it's pace has fallen behind FB.  $235m looks like where it's heading

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I don't see that happening after how much it's pace has fallen behind FB.  $235m looks like where it's heading

It was 10% ahead with the Sunday update so it’ll end $235M-$240M.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, YourMother said:

After starting off 21% ahead o/w

It's 2nd w/e is about $3m behind FB with a -56% v 39.4% drop 

It would need to retain the same pace as FB from here on out to hit $243m

My bet is that will not happen. $235m might be on the optimistic side.  I think it has as much of a chance as falling under Logan ($226m) as hitting $240m

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, YourMother said:

With a weekend 41.1 and total of 171.9 here is what JL will make if it follows the post 2nd weekend multiplier of the following movies.

Fantastic Beast - 1.73x - 243m

Mockingjay 2 - 1.6x - 237.5m

However JL's legs have so far been worse than either of these movies. 

Legs till this weekend

Fantastic Beast - 2.097x

Mockingjay 2 - 1.934x

Justice League - 1.83x

On this basis it won't be wrong to say that JL will have a post 2nd weekend multiplier lower than FB and even MJ2. And if it does go below MJ2's multiplier then it will make less than 235m.

• Like 4

So JL ends up 9% behind FB over Thanksgiving weekend.

if it held that the rest of the way that would mean just over $240, but that seems unlikely. Lower dailies mean a quicker exit and JL has to contend with TLJ while FB had R1. 

$235 +- a couple of million sounds about right.

5 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Nothing. I think Three Billboards is going wide, but that's about it. It's barren until TLJ.

Yeah, only movies opening this weekend are specialty titles in limited release (The Disaster Artist, The Shape of Water). And the two wide releases the weekend before Star Wars are The Disaster Artist's wide release (who knows) and Just Getting Started (blip in waiting).

I feel so much for Snyder. Having lost a classmate to suicide a few years back, and recently having a lifelong friend attempt suicide is truly horrific and extremely sad. Probably the saddest thing that can happen to a human being, and you always wish you could have been there for them more. I also lost my uncle a few years ago to a car accident, and went through my teenage years watching the devastation it caused my grandmother and grandfather to lose a child.

Having those two factors combine must be truly heartbreaking for a parent. I can't imagine how Snyder must be feeling to this day and for the rest of his life. Even though he likely had nothing to do with it, it's extremely hard for this to happen to a father or a parent. 

• Like 10