That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

1 hour ago, JonathanLB said:

I still haven’t figured this out and I’ve been here for a while. Some of Steve’s predictions like about Star Wars have been so laughable, is he a troll with an ax to grind or just not very clued in to how these things work? I don’t just want to assume wow this guy is clueless, it’s nicer to assume oh ok he’s being funny and looking for a reaction. I’m still confused :/ lol

It’s not the first time SteveJaros had his Underperformer-Disney-clubs fucked up when some of them overperformed. Remember last year? He thought films like Finding Dory, Moana or Rogue One would do less. :jeb!:

Coco - 13.25 (includes previews)

JL - 10.45 (-1%)

Wonder - 6 (+7%)

Thor - 4 (+14.6%)

MoTOE - 2.55 (+11.16%)

DH2 - 2.71 (+19.1%)

Deadline was remarkably close in their mid day projections. Only DH2 and Coco had slight increases from projection. 

DH2 with the biggest increase and JL with the lowest (actually decrease). Good result for Thor as well. Bit disappointed with Wonder increase but I guess CoCo stole some of its audience. 

Edited by ZeeSoh

4 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

It’s not the first time SteveJaros had his Underperformer-Disney-clubs fucked up when some of them overperformed. Remember last year? He thought films like Finding Dory, Moana or Rogue One would do less. :jeb!:

Civil War under TWS as well

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Coco - 13.25 (includes previews)

JL - 10.45 (-1%)

Wonder - 6 (+7%)

Thor - 4 (+14.6%)

MoTOE - 2.55 (+11.16%)

DH2 - 2.71 (+19.1%)

Deadline was remarkably close in their mid day projections. Only DH2 and Coco had slight increases from projection. 

DH2 with the biggest increase and JL with the lowest (actually decrease). Good result for Thor as well. Bit disappointed with Wonder increase but I guess CoCo stole some of its audience. 

JL really isn't doing well...

10 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Moana held up fine aganist SING, Coco should hold even better in December

So JL is headed for this territory, adjusted for inflation

16 The Amazing Spider-Man Sony $300,744,000 $262,030,663 7/3/12
17 Captain America: The Winter Soldier BV $278,574,900 $259,766,572 4/4/14
18 X-Men Fox $260,609,700 $157,299,717 7/14/00
20 X-Men: Days of Future Past Fox $251,227,700 $233,921,534 5/23/14
21 Big Hero 6 BV $240,042,300 $222,527,828 11/7/14

I think DOFP adjusted is the target but wouldn't be surprised if it ends up closer to BH6

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

He also had the Disney losing to Fox club last year. So next year it's Universal beats Disney for #1.

Deadline is giving full on 5-day weekend predictions :lol:. Their numbers seem reasonable though.

‘Coco’ Earns A+ CinemaScore & Dances To $70M+; ‘Justice League’ Solid With $63M+: Thanksgiving B.O.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/coco-justice-league-wonder-thanksgiving-box-office-1202213755/

...Coco came in much higher on its first day with an estimated $13.3M; ...Currently, the Lee Unkrich-Adrian Molina film should hit $70M-plus in five days, and $47M over three days. But given how wild Black Friday is at the box office, and the current buzz for the film, Coco could conceivably go much higher.

...Justice League which earned $10.45M yesterday, -1% from Tuesday for a running total of $122.3M. Pic’s 5-day is at $63.6M with three day landing at $44.1M, -53%,...

Pro.BO is forecasting 20 ow 150 dom for Ferdinand. No joke.

12/15/2017 Ferdinand $20,000,000   $150,000,000

If Ferdinand is gonna do these numbers I would love Ferdinand over Cars3 dom.

Now that Coco seems to be on a strong run we can afford to make fun of Pixar a little.

19 minutes ago, Mr Impossible said:

$320M+ seems possible for Ragnarok. 

What if Thor:Ragnarok and Coco made 300M+ dom? That'd be awesome and utterly unexpected for us (and for Disney) one month ago.

Thor 3 may end this week with around 275M, and 3 weeks for TLJ to come.

Coco is gonna have full dec and jan without any strong animated competitor (as Moana dis with Sing). So Coco could have very loooooong legs. 

So that "300M+ club" could happen.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Pro.BO is forecasting 20 ow 150 dom for Ferdinand. No joke.

12/15/2017 Ferdinand $20,000,000   $150,000,000

If Ferdinand is gonna do these numbers I would love Ferdinand over Cars3 dom.

Now that Coco seems to be on a strong run we can afford to make fun of Pixar a little.

I highly doubt that it's going to reach 150M, but maybe if it has the boss baby type of "magic".

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Deadline is giving full on 5-day weekend predictions :lol:. Their numbers seem reasonable though.

‘Coco’ Earns A+ CinemaScore & Dances To $70M+; ‘Justice League’ Solid With $63M+: Thanksgiving B.O.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/coco-justice-league-wonder-thanksgiving-box-office-1202213755/

Great numbers for Coco. I can see it going higher than $70M too. 

Base on reactions around me, the Hispanic community is really responding to the movie. 

Guessing Deadline using FB to project JL’s numbers. In that case, I can see it less than that.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Looks like WOM is gonna be out of this world, so I would expect backloading. Kinda crazy we are getting 2 huge WOM movies in a row with Wonder and Coco.

It is, but it's great for the box office regardless. I really hope Coco's WOM is out of this world, and it even manages to pass Moana.