That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

I will wait for the actual numbers but that JL number is very bad. Even with good increase on Friday, it will fall around 55% (in a holiday frame). It will collapse on it's thrid weekend, and on it's fifht weekend it will be dead. $250 is what it can earn at the most (it will earn more very likely). Coco over JL?

13 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Pro.BO is forecasting 20 ow 150 dom for Ferdinand. No joke.

12/15/2017 Ferdinand $20,000,000   $150,000,000

If Ferdinand is gonna do these numbers I would love Ferdinand over Cars3 dom.

Now that Coco seems to be on a strong run we can afford to make fun of Pixar a little.

According to their predictions IT shoud have 46 mln $ ow, and JL 150 mln, so they're not very accurate...

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Thor R didn't drop and neither did Strange last year

For their first Wednesday I mean. As in I guessing it’s performing more like a CBM than a pre Thanksgiving opener.

5 minutes ago, weresweresweres said:

According to their predictions IT shoud have 46 mln $ ow, and JL 150 mln, so they're not very accurate...

They are most of the time. Nobody in their right mind saw IT exploding to 123M OW or JL imploding to sub-100M. Box office can sometimes be very unpredictable but generally films will earn the money that is expected from them.

Edited by Brainbug

17 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Real Talk: I wonder if JL being a CBM had anything to do with a big Wednesday drop since CBMs have strong Tuesdays.

Yeah I think that argument can be made if it hops ahead of FB comparable Thursday and more importantly, Friday.  And I don't mean %s, but dollars to dollars. 

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Thor R didn't drop and neither did Strange last year

Best flimsy excuse I can make for JL Wednesday is more college kids dependent and many traveling?  Just getting it ready in case some Thursday rebound and a decent Friday

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

They are most of the time. Nobody in their right mind saw IT exploding to 123M OW or JL imploding to sub-100M. Box office can sometimes be very unpredictable but generally films will earn the money that is expected from them.

4 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Saying they didn't get right what almost nobody did doesn't prove their predictions bad.

If they couldn't predict IT or JL, I don't know why i should believe them that Ferdinand may do 7.5 x ow, how many animation achieved this? Sing? And what else?

17 minutes ago, seduh said:

I will wait for the actual numbers but that JL number is very bad. Even with good increase on Friday, it will fall around 55% (in a holiday frame). It will collapse on it's thrid weekend, and on it's fifht weekend it will be dead. $250 is what it can earn at the most (it will earn more very likely). Coco over JL?

it needs to stay flat for thursday, JL can't afford to drop further, any attempt to disappoint box office observers need to be stopped.

That unexpected, unprecedented 1% drop on wednesday is way too much for a box office disappointment

3 minutes ago, narniadis said:

What y'all are forgetting is that if Ferdinand gets 20m on OW 150 is very reasonable considering it will play through the whole holiday period. It would play out like Yogi Bear from a few years back (16/100)

Maybe that'll happen, Blue Sky need at least a small win at this point.