grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

2 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Yeah, because that worked out so well for RO, when it only jumped by 69%, when Sherlock Holmes and MI4 did 147% and 119% jumps in 2011. 

people just dont' understand, when you have huge number, like double digit in crhistmas eve, it's hard to double that figure on CD, and non of the 10m eve holdover double their gross on CD in history, except for avatar, "only" did that with 107% up with $11m on eve,...it's like setting up disappointment or meltdown.

I agree, if TLJ's sunday drop roughly match that RO's eve(-39% vs -33%), then 70%-80% "only" increase on CD is totally a reasonable range

• Like 7

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

You're probably safe going to bed; I doubt anything happens for another 3-4 hours.

Just now, cannastop said:

Asgard? Maybe 3 hours from now.

Thanks. Hoping that i wake up to good numbers :lol:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Holy fuck, please tell me this is just a trailer and someone is actually making a full scene

Please don't make a scene of this.  The last thing we need is someone making a ridiculous choreographed fight taking out all of the meaning of the original scene.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

TFA and RO had 80% and 69% increases. Why should TLJ jump 120% now? Only because some movie did so 11 years ago? 

The bigger the scale gets, the slower the increases.

$30m-$32m on Monday and $35m-$37m should be the expected marks for TLJ.

My gut says Saturday's # should be the goal for TLJ...if your area is selling better than Saturday and has as many or more showings as Saturday (and your area is indicative of the broader market), TLJ should be able to hit Saturday's # and maybe, MAYBE slightly exceed it by a mil or two.  (For the record, pretty much all my local theaters, not just the ones I track, have a few less showings today vs Saturday, either b/c of late starts or b/c of Money or b/c they felt like shifting a showing or two elsewhere)...

I don't see setting a much higher number than that TLJ Sat # without disappointment, unless there were reasons large parts of the country didn't go Saturday or unless tonight's late night shows catch fire...and Xmas shopping doesn't really sell me...although who knows?  Like someone said, they couldn't see why the 10pms and laters aren't selling as well for TLJ, maybe I can't see why shopping would be such a movie slayer:)...I mean, there's football both days, so that's a dead even swap...and the Eagles are awesomer, so maybe not so dead even:)...