Porthos

Tuesday Numbers (Dec 26): TLJ 27.7, Jumanji: 17.1, PP3 7.4, TGS 5.1 (actuals/estimates)

31 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

Box office was never about quality look at Titantic 

Box office was never about quality when my favorite movie didn't do well at boxoffice.

Box office had a lot to do with quality when my favorite movie did well at boxoffice.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Like this?

main-qimg-ed23d9866da0882d2b994338a31dc8

Well, I loved TLJ so call me Cypher and gimme that blue pill. :D

--

More seriously, roller-coaster runs are fun to watch.  They don't have to be record breaking to be fun.  If those were the only fun ones here, this would be a pretty lousy forum.  Thankfully most of us like to watch the unexpected.  Or at least the surprising. And if not, we'll invent our own amusement via clubs and whatnot.

This is a box office forum after all. Getting interested in movies runs is kinda the whole point, no? :)

You really ought to be careful what you say on-line as much as you are in real life. Your idea of fun or amusement can upset people. There's a cost for that. It's not free and that is even if you're completely oblivious to fact this for the rest of your life.

Now I post here because it's a box office forum. It's not supposed to be some back patting club for insecure individuals with too much time on their hands. I shouldn't have to deal with prima donnas who feel comfortable only with cookie cutter posts and I certainly shouldn't be exposed to insults and abuse of the kind so flippantly delivered.

Truth be told IMO you won't find a better collection of asinine self deluded comments anywhere on-line, apart it seems for in other box office oriented forums. Why this is I don't really know, but 90% of the posts here are invariably incorrect, and any form of correction or basic simple honesty in terms of logic or observation is quickly shot down. It's absolutely remarkable.

Now I have the right to post whatever I want anywhere I feel like right? As long as it has to do with box office here there should be no objections.

I want JohnathanLB to know that nothing he types here is incomprehensible and that at some point he will be held accountable for all of his comments and his plain to see... illogical attitude towards the environment in which he finds himself. He is by no means impressive in any way and is instead absolutely predictable. I say this because I assume he petitions to get people banned when he doesn't like what they've typed. To him I say get used to it and soon.

What else.

I guess that's it for now.

Have fun.

• Haha 2

The toxic Star Wars famdom has caused me to not really care about this films box office run. It's just nasty. Daisy Ridley deleted her facebook last week and I have a feeling it's the same reason she deleted her instagram. People attacking her and doing it in the worst way by resorting to personal insults. She didn't write Rey.

I 100% don't blame her. It's just sad to see what it's become. I remember the reaction of her watching the first teaser of TFA that went viral. How excited she was....compared to now.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

The toxic Star Wars famdom has caused me to not really care about this films box office run. It's just nasty. Daisy Ridley deleted her facebook last week and I have a feeling it's the same reason she deleted her instagram. People attacking her and doing it in the worst way by resorting to personal insults. She didn't write Rey.

I 100% don't blame her. It's just sad to see what it's become. I remember the reaction of her watching the first teaser of TFA that went viral. How excited she was....compared to now.

Yeah it's sad I feel bad for Rian as well he has gotten hundreds of Death Threats.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

4 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

Yeah it's sad I feel bad for Rian as well he has gotten hundreds of Death Threats.

Agreed.  I also feel bad for all of the abuse that's been heaped upon people who don't like TLJ and have been expressing themselves in a non-trollish manner.  They don't deserve the crap rained down on them either.  And that includes people posting emotional, heartfelt posts, against the movie.  That's just as needed as long as it isn't trolly.

Let's not act like assholes to each other just coz we like different movies, eh?

*looks at Franchise Wars thread*

Yeah, lets definitely not act that way. :lol:

Good natured ribbing is fine.  Passionate debates back and forth are the lifeblood of a forum, IMO.  Just don't be a dick, eh? :)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah, that's a strong Wednesday number. Fucks up my forecast by about 10-15M too :lol: 

Noo! But our final predictions were so close! I'll be happy to see yours go up though, haha. Hopefully, mine will too eventually. I'll stick with my 664m for now, especially if Wed really does come in close to 23.2m

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Fandom has always been toxic, likely part of the reason Lucas sold it

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

God i didn't know that, this is so sad, some people turn into madness when they got frustrated, it's just a movie, if you don't like, just get over it, the 6 movies before will away be available to watch again and again.

I think she's right, she doesn't need to accept things just to hurt her, probably soon this hate will be over.

I'm actually really impressed with Rian Johnson, he seems to be good with all the hate for him, one of the reason for i believe that he already imagine this will happening.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Fandom has always been toxic, likely part of the reason Lucas sold it

Very true. I didn't love TLJ like I was hoping I would but it's so sad and wrong what Johnson, Ridley, Hamill, etc. have had to put up with the last few weeks. I love Star Wars but they're movies. They're not worth bullying or abusing anyone over.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Is the drop getting it to 700m? Doubt it 

It won't, but it's not like it's a box office failure if it doesn't get to 700m. Sure it's clear WOM is mixed, but at this point, a finish around $660m would be fine. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

48 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

I love the people here, they’re a ridiculously knowledgeable group of people. It’s weird you have a forum of people who are legitimately better at box office predictions than most media / analysts. 

On the flip side, everyone’s a Boxoffice guru these days and their analyst and rational is never wrong.  Can get annoying having the same point constantly driven on every post.

Sometimes I just want to enjoy a Boxoffice run without seeing so much negatively surrounding it.  

• Like 2