DeeCee

Thursday Numbers (Asgard): TLJ $19.5 J $15m

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Yeah, he seems conservative. $57m prediction for Last Jedi. I think that one will be closer to $65m. 

Yep. Showman could do 10 mill 2 day IMO

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JB33 said:

What about TLJ? Looking at 2006 numbers it looks like we should expect the Friday jump to be bigger than the Saturday jump.

Not too huge of a jump, but bigger than jumanji. 30-35% more than yesterday, so far it's at about 132% of yesterday's business

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1

As I mentioned that jumanji went bonkers at my theatre yesterday, so based off some matinee numbers it looks like Friday here will be 115-120% of yesterday, but that could all change in a few hours

Jumanji should get a good bump today if we look at NATM's 2nd Friday bump.

2 hours ago, The Last AndyLL said:

Moderation:

No talk about specific scenes in the current movies... take it to the spoiler thread.

@EmpireCity @The Greatest Rth - any percentages of how many schools are in/out of session

Next week Tues  K-12 + College 76%, sliding down to 53% by fri. college the biggest %(most are off) the following week after monday only reduced College 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, sexyegg said:

Is ferdinand having a small comeback? If it is then I am so happy...I only made account on this forum to track its numbers. As a huge Cena fan, seeing it bomb in first few days made me really kinda sad.

Interesting you mention that.

Top Five on Pulse right now:

TLJ

Jumanji

TGS

PP3

Ferdinand

MT:

TLJ         32.0%

Jumanji   21.9%

PP3          8.4%

TGS          8.0%

Ferdinand  6.7%

I'm finally back to work on the 4th (starting a new job after being out of the work force for longer than I'd hoped) so I'm looking forward to being able to catch up on all the smaller movies I haven't been able to go see. 

Looking like THE POST will be the first new wide release I'll see in 2018 (going wide on the 12th right?). Before and after that I hope to catch ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD, MOLLY'S GAME, DARKEST HOUR etc.

1. Star Wars: The Last Jedi(DIS), 4,232 theaters (0)/ $19M Fri/ 3-day: $54.5M /4-day: $72M Total:$536.6M/ Wk 3
  2. Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle  (SONY), 3,765 theaters (0) / $16M Fri/3-day: $46M/4-day: $60M/Total:$179.2M/ Wk 2
  3. Pitch Perfect 3  (UNI), 3,468 theaters (+21)/ $6.5M Fri/3-day: $18M/4-day: $23M/Total: $69.5M/ Wk 2
  4. The Greatest Showman  (FOX), 3,316 theaters (+310) / $4.5M Fri /3-day: $13.6M/4-day $18M/Total: $51.5M/Wk 2
  5. Ferdinand  (FOX), 3,337 theaters (-293) / $4M Fri /3-day: $10.5M/4-day: $13.7M/Total: $55.8M/ Wk 3

http://deadline.com/2017/12/last-jedi-jumanji-new-years-weekend-box-office-2018-1202233711/

Edited by Ryan Reynolds
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Episode IX box office won't be higher than TLJ, it will be lucky to match it

maybe if people don't leave the theater angry, it will have better repeat viewings

Episode 9 will easily gross more than TLJ.  FOR several reasons. The first reason is that it'll probably follow the pattern of the last two series of films that we had. Return of the Jedi made more than Empire and Revenge of the Sith made more than clones. There's no reason to think this won't follow suit as well. Star Wars fans are very loyal and we will all come out in droves to see the final chapter in this trilogy.

The second reason and more important reason is that all they have to do is giving fans a bit more of what they want and make sure that is in the trailer and all will be forgiven from those of us you don't exactly love this particular version of Star Wars.

Saying the last chapter wont gross more than the middle chapter means youre not paying attention to history.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:
  1. Star Wars: The Last Jedi(DIS), 4,232 theaters (0)/ $19M Fri/ 3-day: $54.5M /4-day: $72M Total:$536.6M/ Wk 3
  2. Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle  (SONY), 3,765 theaters (0) / $16M Fri/3-day: $46M/4-day: $60M/Total:$179.2M/ Wk 2
  3. Pitch Perfect 3  (UNI), 3,468 theaters (+21)/ $6.5M Fri/3-day: $18M/4-day: $23M/Total: $69.5M/ Wk 2
  4. The Greatest Showman  (FOX), 3,316 theaters (+310) / $4.5M Fri /3-day: $13.6M/4-day $18M/Total: $51.5M/Wk 2
  5. Ferdinand  (FOX), 3,337 theaters (-293) / $4M Fri /3-day: $10.5M/4-day: $13.7M/Total: $55.8M/ Wk 3

http://deadline.com/2017/12/last-jedi-jumanji-new-years-weekend-box-office-2018-1202233711/

They're forecasting a Thursday to Friday drop?  Huh?

3 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

Episode 9 will easily gross more than TLJ.  FOR several reasons. The first reason is that it'll probably follow the pattern of the last two series of films that we had. Return of the Jedi made more than Empire and Revenge of the Sith made more than clones. There's no reason to think this won't follow suit as well. Star Wars fans are very loyal and we will all come out in droves to see the final chapter in this trilogy.

The second reason and more important reason is that all they have to do is giving fans a bit more of what they want and make sure that is in the trailer and all will be forgiven from those of us you don't exactly love this particular version of Star Wars.

Saying the last chapter wont gross more than the middle chapter means youre not paying attention to history.

I think there is a big reason to think it might not follow the old pattern. No Vader hype. Sith was boosted a lot by that and I’m sure people were very curious to see what happened with Vader and Luke after the big twist in Empire. 

• Thanks 1