grim22

New Year's Day Weekend Thread: Late Friday estimates (DHD) - TLJ 19.5M, Jumanji 17.5M, PP3 6.7M, TGS 5.3M

Sign of TLJ's no good, very bad day today...

My local has $6 ticket/$9 3d and pretty much sells out most shows on Tuesday (since it's one of the only discount day theaters around) - it is the most popular day at this theater, even over weekends...

It has TLJ only showing 3d 2 times today - the 2nd time, at 10:55pm tonight, currently has sold 0 seats in a 125 seat theater...

It has sold 27 seats at its 9:40pm 2d showing in a 185 seat screen.  Thankfully, it has at least managed 120 seats at the 8:30pm showing in the same size theater...

Those kinda numbers probably make this theater cry...every other movie is fully sold out already tonight...I mean, this even includes Downsizing...Downsizing has sold out its last 2 shows of the night in a 60 seater at 7:30 and 10pm...Downsizing...

• Like 4

There’s nothing wrong with TLJ box office run, it’s been a great success. TLJ clears 800 million without Jumanji stealing some of the family audience. Jumanji 2 has definitely stole some money or else Star Wars wouldn’t be a ‘disappointment.’

1 minute ago, KJsooner said:

There’s nothing wrong with TLJ box office run, it’s been a great success. TLJ clears 800 million without Jumanji stealing some of the family audience. Jumanji 2 has definitely stole some money or else Star Wars wouldn’t be a ‘disappointment.’

maybe it cleared 800 million if people liked it as much as RO? 

3 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

:hahaha::redcapes::sparta:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Please tell me that’s a troll. Jumanji isn’t stealing $160-170m of business. 

• Like 2

I think the most interesting thing to see will be Disney's reaction to TLJ's numbers. WB was very reactionary with the DCEU reception and in the end that might've done more bad than good. And before anyone replies with the "TLJ will make 1.3B WW, it is a huge hit!" (which it is, but that is not the point), anyone who thinks that an almost 800m WW drop from TFA is what Disney envisioned for TLJ is out of their mind!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, James said:

I think the most interesting thing to see will be Disney's reaction to TLJ's numbers. WB was very reactionary with the DCEU reception and in the end that might've done more bad than good. And before anyone replies with the "TLJ will make 1.3B WW, it is a huge hit!" (which it is, but that is not the point), anyone who thinks that an almost 800m WW drop from TFA is what Disney envisioned for TLJ is out of their mind!

If they were going to change course, they would have done so by now.