grim22

New Year's Day Weekend Thread: Late Friday estimates (DHD) - TLJ 19.5M, Jumanji 17.5M, PP3 6.7M, TGS 5.3M

Also, I saw Jumanji last night. I fucking loved it. The action was fun, and it was HILARIOUS. Great acting from across the board, especially from Black and Karen. There was one scene that had the entire theater in hysterics. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

How can a bunch of box office nerds consistently ignore the fact that 650 m for TLJ is a simalar drop from the previous movie as ESB and AOTC?

All I know is many of the people who insisted 700 was locked after opening weekend are now spinning like paid publicity for Disney. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Nice job for at least attempting to debate about any of them.  I applaud you for trying.

what is there to debate?

WOM is mixed, Alt right attacking the films, the film has divided the fanbase.

Its not the same at all or anyway as compelling or interesting. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

All I know is many of the people who insisted 700 was locked after opening weekend are now spinning like paid publicity for Disney. 

Yeah it was over predicted by virtually everyone.

That doesn't make the over predictions reasonable.

Honestly one thing I don’t have a real firm grasp is how well a film is doing in limited release.  I mean if something is doing a 50k PTA in 4 theaters it’s outstanding.  But something in 200-300 I’m not sure how to analyze 

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Shape of Water is a better movie than Star Wars btw, so y’all need to shut your mouths before you talk down to it as if it’s unimportant.

On a box office numbers forum, I would say it’s pretty unimportant next to something like Star Wars. Reverse is true in the awards forum. 

• Like 2