Alli

Weekend Thread | 3-day estimates (per BOM): J 27M, TP 18.6M, TC 13.45M, I:TLK 12.14M, TGS 11.8M, TLJ 11.28M, P2 10.62M, PM 10M

Fuck that Paddington number. Fuck fuck fuck fuck.

That movie deserves better than a measly 2.6M Friday. What the Fuck America. What the actual fuck. Y'all need to be more like Canada; Paddington was our busiest movie at my theatre tonight and deservedly so.

Fuck this

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Fuck that Paddington number. Fuck fuck fuck fuck.

That movie deserves better than a measly 2.6M Friday. What the Fuck America. What the actual fuck. Y'all need to be more like Canada; Paddington was our busiest movie at my theatre tonight and deservedly so.

Fuck this

Your just looking at a single theater, and unfortunately it often seems like it's an outliner.

Still that number sucks hard! I haven't even seen Paddington 2 yet, and I know it deserves so much better. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Your just looking at a single theater, and unfortunately it often seems like it's an outliner.

Still that number sucks hard! I haven't even seen Paddington 2 yet, and I know it deserves so much better. 

Yea, I totally understand how looking at one small sample size is often going to mean that there will be outliers on each side of the norm. All I'm really saying with that post is that Paddington deserved so much better. It did really well here, and I just wish it had done well everywhere

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

Sorry, but I don’t think a movie having a 2.8x, regardless of its OW, is atrocious. 

BvS with a 1.99? That’s atrocious

For the holiday season and a SW movie yeah that's pretty atrocious. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Yea, I totally understand how looking at one small sample size is often going to mean that there will be outliers on each side of the norm. All I'm really saying with that post is that Paddington deserved so much better. It did really well here, and I just wish it had done well everywhere

The first Paddington was such a good film, that hearing that the sequel is just as good if not better means I'd probably really enjoy it. Unfortunately most moviegoers in NA just weren't interested in a follow-up, and the film was a bit unlucky to get a new distributor (WB), at the last minute. I hope the film has good legs, but I'm not pleased it didn't do better. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, aabattery said:

By the way, I finally got around to seeing Jumanji and I know you have all been waiting for my take on it.

It's fine. Had an enjoyable enough time with it. 6.9/10.

ICWYDT. :ph34r:

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

i agree, below a 3x multiplier during holiday means the majority did not like it, you can't spin that

Hahaha get fucking real! The majority of people didn’t like it?! Are you out of your mind? The movie will end up with $400M AFTER opening weekend! That’s a shit load of money even for a whole run and that’s after opening. The vast majority of people love the movie and anything else is both bullshit and spin and you know it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Also saw Commuter tonight. It was alright, I like Neeson enough and I think Serra's a pretty good director. For the first two acts I was thinking this is much much better than Non-Stop, but there was just something off about the end. Can't quite put my finger on it yet though.

Can't complain about its box office, since its doing better than Paddington so far apparently 

• Sad 1