m3racer123

Ford vs Ferrari | Nov 15 2019 | Fox | James Mangold directing

48 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Then we have some of the other trades predicting around $20M. Seems this is a tough one to nail down. I trust our resident trackers the most, and BOP. They know what they're doing too.

What are they predicting? Yes, this one is very hard to gauge 

On 11/15/2019 at 7:24 PM, BlitheringEdiot said:

You're in for a treat

You were right. It was effing amazing.

The racing scenes were just super-I can't really think of a better way to describe it.

The cinematography complemented every scene.

The music by Beltrami and Sanders was awesome.

And Matt Damon and Christian Bale worked really well off each other.

10/10 from me. I might see it again next week.

It's worth mentioning I just came out of a 9pm showing , and there were a lot of people in there (for the record, I live in Ireland).

I'm confident this film will strike big.

Hit the matinee showing today, very good crowd, easily over 100 which is more than I’ve seen for that time slot for anything but a superhero flick.

Very solid drama. Great performances, especially Bale and Bernthal. The racing action is awesome and the score is superb. On the downside it take a while to get going and feels a bit overlong and underbaked. But I’m nitpicking, it’s easily 8/10.

10 hours ago, SteveJaros said:
I think Ford vs Ferrari will leg it out to $100m DOM. It was inevitable that it would take a hit in the face of the Frozen tsunami, but it will play through the holidays and I expect it to get there.

We shall see.

So far, it's grossed $58 million DOM. So I'd wager there's a strong chance it could hit $100 DOM. 

• Like 1

Looks like I won't be able to see this. Just too many other movies on the docket with few opportunities to get to the theatre. 

On another note, I know others feel differently, but I'm pretty disappointed in the hold this past weekend. 50% is in most cases not a bad drop but I figured with this being a super audience pleaser it would have had a crazy 35% drop of something. Who knows? Maybe this weekend's drop was the worst and from here on it will have those kind of holds. It's known to happen - a movie loses a certain portion of the OW audience but the rest of the audience keeps the momentum going with multiple viewings and good word of mouth.