That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

28 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Whatever this big news of the day that involves Nolan, Ryan Gosling and Daniel Craig needs to drop now.

He also posted a GIF of Christian Bale in The Prestige. Will be disappointed if Nolan is doing franchise stuff again, whether it's Bond or Blade Runner. This Kroll reporter guy already said it's not Batman, so that's good.

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

He also posted a GIF of Christian Bale in The Prestige. Will be disappointed if Nolan is doing franchise stuff again, whether it's Bond or Blade Runner. This Kroll reporter guy already said it's not Batman, so that's good.

Christopher Nolan is playing James Bond, in a film directed by Ryan Gosling!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

One thing that we haven't really taken away from this is that the summer movie season is definitely close to being on its way out now. No more cramming everything into May-July. The calendar will now be based around holidays rather than months, especially federal holidays. More emphasis will also be on Spring then there already is.

5 years ago only 5 months had an OW over $100M. Now it's 10. And now some months like Feb, Apr, and Dec have multiple over $100. October and January are the only months without, but that'll change soon. October could've nabbed it this year if Aquaman had stayed.

Presidents Day has become a new Memorial Day. I expect MLK Day to start getting more attention and Easter as well. And tbh, this will help the box office. The summer will still the blockbuster zone, but the full power of the calendar has finally been realized.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jandrew said:

One thing that we haven't really taken away from this is that the summer movie season is definitely close to being on its way out now. No more cramming everything into May-July. The calendar will now be based around holidays rather than months, especially federal holidays. More emphasis will also be on Spring then there already is.

5 years ago only 5 months had an OW over $100M. Now it's 10. And now some months like Feb, Apr, and Dec have multiple over $100. October and January are the only months without, but that'll change soon. October could've nabbed it this year if Aquaman had stayed.

Presidents Day has become a new Memorial Day. I expect MLK Day to start getting more attention and Easter as well. And tbh, this will help the box office. The summer will still the blockbuster zone, but the full power of the calendar has finally been realized.

Ironic considering Memorial Day weekend has become such a nonevent in recent years (though it's been the movies put there that are the problem and not the weekend itself).

7 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I already have the "Wow! Look! It's Fucking Nothing". gif ready

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

This is a good sign for Tuesday. It seems places that couldn’t meet the demand over the weekend will continue to do above average. There were sell outs at my theater yesterday, but today it’s doing pretty normal, some mostly full, and others barely full.

Edited by Deja23
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

30M+ wouldn't surprise me for today. We've cultural phenomenon on our hand so normal limits don't apply. I really think it's going to surpass every movie except Avatar and SW7, hell 700M wouldn't shock me.

• Astonished 1