Alli

Weekend Thread | Estimates per BOM ~ BP 65.7M, RS 17M, DW 13M, GN 10.7M, PR 10M, ANL 5.65M, J:WTTJ 4.5M, FSF 3.3M, TGS 2.68M

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

Anne Hathaway's performance in TDKR as Selina Kyle is still by far the best female superhero performance ever...with the exception of Michelle Pfeiffer. Interesting that the best two came from the same character. ALSO...Wonder Woman.

Gadot, Hathaway, and Pfeiffer absolutely rule the superhero genre in terms of female performances.

Gal gadot is not a good actress and chris pine and the 2nd act of the movie are the only good things about wonder woman. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

Can you even like, name any other female superheroes. It's not exactly a hard contest to win.

There’s a few in this multibillion dollar franchise knows as the mcu. I’d wager Scarjo’s Black widow is more popular around the world than Gadots Wonder Woman

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I went and double checked, and those figures in the list are actually 2-day reported numbers. Here is Wonder Woman's report from last August.

Weekend Actuals (08/26-27)
01 (---) ¥395,870,100 ($3.6 million), 0, ¥395,870,100 ($3.6 million), Sekigahara (Toho) NEW
02 (---) ¥266,512,000 ($2.4 million), 0, ¥370,245,700 ($3.4 million), Wonder Woman (Warner Bros.) NEW

03 (03) ¥231,030,300 ($2.1 million), -16%, ¥6,202,843,700 ($56.4 million), Despicable Me 3 (Toho-Towa) WK6
04 (02) ¥156,869,600 ($1.4 million), -47%, ¥913,649,100 ($8.3 million), Fireworks, Should We See It from the Side or the Bottom? (Toho) WK2
05 (04) ¥140,689,300 ($1.3 million), -44%, ¥2,260,122,800 ($20.6 million), Spider-Man: Homecoming (Sony) WK3
06 (05) ¥125,191,100 ($1.1 million), -23%, ¥2,577,371,200 ($23.4 million), I Want To Eat Your Pancreas (Toho) WK5
07 (01) ¥120,256,500 ($1.1 million), -66%, ¥759,181,800 ($6.9 million), High & Low 2: End of Sky (Shochiku) WK2
08 (07) ¥70,576,500 ($646,000), -29%, ¥3,184,546,100 ($29.1 million), Pokemon: I Choose You! (Toho) WK7
09 (09) ¥55,098,800 ($505,000), -25%, ¥3,022,973,500 ($27.6 million), Mary and the Witch's Flower (Toho) WK8
10 (08) ¥53,153,600 ($487,000), -36%, ¥3,638,393,900 ($33.7 million), Gintama (Warner Bros.) WK7

Corpse also says this about Black Panther's opening:

"If it earns exactly what I'm predicting over the weekend, it still wouldn't be enough to crack the Top 20 Opening Weekends for Marvel/DC films, and achieving the 18th biggest opening for Marvel/DC films is probably its ceiling as well."

True. This is what he said about this we forecast. I thought he was talking about the ow, but he was referring to the final japanese run then, that could be higher than any other super hero movie in Japan in 2017 except for SM:HC. Now i get it. You were right all time. 

>Black Panther will be aiming for a second place start, but I'm currently projecting a third place debut. Either way, though, its pre-sales are good and its earnings from Thursday and Friday ahead of the weekend were solid as well. And don't let a possible third place debut fool you because its gross is very good for Marvel/DC. If it debuts near the forecast, it'll be higher than any superhero film from 2017 except for Spider-Man: Homecoming. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, commendable said:

Black widow is great and I kind of like olsen as maximoff. Hopefully ms. larson kills it next year

I forgot about Olsen, I like her as Wanda quite a bit - especially in CW    I'd rather have a Scarlet Witch movie than another Dr Strange, though he could show up as her teacher. B)

Gamora even grew on me in GOTG2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Noctis said:

Anne Hathaway's performance in TDKR as Selina Kyle is still by far the best female superhero performance ever...with the exception of Michelle Pfeiffer. Interesting that the best two came from the same character. ALSO...Wonder Woman.

Gadot, Hathaway, and Pfeiffer absolutely rule the superhero genre in terms of female performances.

Nice save.

giphy.gif

29 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I forgot about Olsen, I like her as Wanda quite a bit - especially in CW    I'd rather have a Scarlet Witch movie than another Dr Strange, though he could show up as her teacher. B)

Gamora even grew on me in GOTG2.

There are many, many Marvel flicks I'd rather get than Dr Stranger lol

But yea Olsen's the one out of the current crop of Avengers that I def think we need to see more of, either a starrer or a featured co-star ala ScarJo in Winter Soldier/Hulk in Ragnarok

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

Gadot's acting abilties are laughable, she's easily the worst superstar actress in recent years.

Damn, Mr. Campea! Still on your anti-Gadot crusade?

We get it...your internet crush (that blank face that played Sif) did not get the WW role, but come on! Your hatred is pathetic.

Gadot is not to blame for having the charisma, charm, and screen presence that 'Sif' (whatever her real name name is) lacks... 

Edited by StevenG
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, iHeartJames said:

I thought Gal Gadot did a fine job in Wonder Woman but there’s that one scene in the movie when she leaves the meeting with Steve and she’s freaking out by the stairs and her acting was just so terrible to me.

When I compare her to Arnold Schwarzenegger, people take that as an insult but I thin it's the opposite. Remember he was at one point maybe the biggest movie star in the world. You would never cast him for Hamlet (which LAST ACTION HERO meta-referenced) but he had the charisma/physical goods/humor with a dependable formula. An Austrian bodybuilder with an accent thick enough to cut with a chainsaw shouldn't work, but he did for many years and Gadot works in a similar fashion I suppose at least for that part. 

Of course I thought after THOR that Hemsworth would be the new Arnold (asides from Dwayne Johnson, obviously) but he went a route of a traditional male movie star and that.....didn't work out for him. (RUSH was the tits though!)

49 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I'm conflicted.

I found Dr. Strange to be intensely unlikable. But Wong

The superior Benedict playing second fiddle. Another crime that CumberStrange committed. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

The superior Benedict playing second fiddle. Another crime that CumberStrange committed. 

My boy Wong representing in Annihilation at least.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1