That One Girl

The Hunt | Universal | March 13, 2020 | Coming to VOD on Friday March 20

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Trailer is out. 

Warning: it’s one of those trailers that plays out the full film. I turned it off. 

Otherwise it looks like dumb fun. 

I haven't watched the trailer but the comments say it's nice to see a trailer that doesn't show the film.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Avatree said:

I haven't watched the trailer but the comments say it's nice to see a trailer that doesn't show the film.

They’re wrong. 

You can literally tell who dies based on their costumes in the death scenes they show. It shows what looks like a finale face-off between Betty and Swank too lol. The literally trailer plays out in order. 

33 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Ads Pulled for Gory Universal Thriller 'The Hunt' In Wake of Mass Shootings (Exclusive)

the_hunt_universal_featurette_-_h_-_2019

In the wake of a trio of deadly massacres, the studio is evaluating its strategy for the R-rated Blumhouse satire in which elites stalk "deplorables."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ads-pulled-hunt-wake-mass-shootings-1229829

The only chance the film has left is for the marketing to treat its concept seriously, and not with a tongue-in-cheek tone. But if the film itself is tongue-in-cheek as the trailer, then there's a big problem. Nevertheless, I think Universal did the right thing.

53 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Ads Pulled for Gory Universal Thriller 'The Hunt' In Wake of Mass Shootings (Exclusive)

the_hunt_universal_featurette_-_h_-_2019

In the wake of a trio of deadly massacres, the studio is evaluating its strategy for the R-rated Blumhouse satire in which elites stalk "deplorables."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ads-pulled-hunt-wake-mass-shootings-1229829

It reminds me of when USA Network delayed the Shooter TV series with Ryan Phillipe like 3 times due to a series of police shootings that occurred around the time the show was set to premiere. Trashmerica ladies and gents

• Like 1

ooooooooo "The Hunt".  I'll reserve a spot here 😁

i hope The Kitchen doesn't revolve around trapping loveful memories in a chest and burning it in the basement, but empowers us to be loners and embrace our dolls in the kitchen.  i'll try to choke on some candy when i see that if it doesnt go my way

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Morieris said:

Isn't this the second time this year Universal has had to modify their promo because of a mass shooting.

They had to move the release date of Happy Death Day 2 U in one town because of the local anniversary of (yes another) American shooting. 

Fox News just ran a segment about this film an hour ago. The film sparked discussion because of its plot of the "elitists" hunting the "deplorables". The Fox News people condemned it as a glamorization of violence. That's a shame because, having seen the trailer twice, I thought conservatives--at least the more introspective ones--would've found the concept compelling, especially given that first trailer's tongue in cheek nature. Instead, they went for the "liberal filmmakers' wish fulfillment" angle, which I personally disagree with.

Hilary Swank deserves to be in a few hits so it's mildly infuriating that she seems to be in another underperformer.

22 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

Fox News just ran a segment about this film an hour ago. The film sparked discussion because of its plot of the "elitists" hunting the "deplorables". The Fox News people condemned it as a glamorization of violence. That's a shame because, having seen the trailer twice, I thought conservatives--at least the more introspective ones--would've found the concept compelling, especially given that first trailer's tongue in cheek nature. Instead, they went for the "liberal filmmakers' wish fulfillment" angle, which I personally disagree with.

Hilary Swank deserves to be in a few hits so it's mildly infuriating that she seems to be in another underperformer.

The premise is no more offensive than Hunger Games or The Purge

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

The premise is no more offensive than Hunger Games or The Purge

Yet a movie like Unplanned is. LOL! Gotta love the logic of some people (I don't mean you by the way).

For the record, I'm not offended by any movie, this one included. I do however think it was the right move by Universal to postpone marketing of the film. These are always tricky situations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SLAM! said:

The film sparked discussion because of its plot of the "elitists" hunting the "deplorables".

Looking at the trailers considering the deplorable are the heroes of the story and the elitists cartoon villain, it could have passed.

• Like 1