CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

There were $50m+ in pre-sales so I think they were somewhat prepared.  The NYC area had as of late afternoon 661 showings - 200 more than CW or BP - increasing over 200 in the last 3 days.  The Empire 25 alone in NYC had 52 showings

Hilariously one of the biggest theaters here (Cinepolis) got booked out for the Tribeca Film Festival this weekend and was only gonna do one midnight showing of IW as the exception but then ended up adding a full slate of IW showings this weekend. lmao. 

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

I don't get it.  It's not like Marvel is DC.  They are giants at the box office.  And I wouldn't celebrate it making more than TLJ yet.  Legs will be typical sequel type legs for Avengers.  I don't see it getting more than a 2.4X.

Saw the movie and yeah reaching a 2.4 will be great. 

Edited by XO21
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

There were $50m+ in pre-sales so I think they were somewhat prepared.  The NYC area had as of late afternoon 661 showings - 200 more than CW or BP - increasing over 200 in the last 3 days.  The Empire 25 alone in NYC had 52 showings

yeah but that 50 Million goes to Sunday.  I think TFA had 100M in presales and BATB sold a lot of presales for over the weekend

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I mean no disrespect to DC, but let's face it, domestically, nothing touches the Avengers when they are all together, except for SW.

I thought the DCU was getting canceled and WB was just gonna have Jenkins make a Wonder Woman trilogy while they figure out why their Avengers movie only made 220m.

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

couldn't even beat that amusing dino movie or TA1 sad.001.gif

Not that I mean to steal @aabattery's bit, but I think this:

YRbo94s.gif

covers my response now that you're moving beyond Disney properties. :lol:

(NOTE: The above gif is just damn funny IMO, and my way of saying I refuse to get drawn into these pissing matches coz I, quite frankly, find them tedious. :lol:)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AndyLL said:

But only one matters right now... @Rthanos

How about a hint... low or high side of DLs estimate?

I sent him a text asking him for any kind of hint.....typically he has not responded.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Civil War was apparently loved by the Marvel loonies and it managed a 2.27X.  I just don't see why IW will manage to do so much better.  For that reason alone, I have it at 2.4 or less.

• Like 2

Just now, baumer said:

Civil War was apparently loved by the Marvel loonies and it managed a 2.27X.  I just don't see why IW will manage to do so much better.  For that reason alone, I have it at 2.4 or less.

This movie isn't Civil War. That said, multi could be poor for very different reasons. I can honestly say seeing the movie has made the multi far harder to predict than before I saw it. 

• Like 2

Tbh the movie is a lot to digest assuming most audiences liked it there could be more repeat viewings so people can gather possibly lost information but it won't have a large effect on the multi. Extremely minor if any

18 minutes ago, baumer said:

I don't get it.  It's not like Marvel is DC.  They are giants at the box office.  And I wouldn't celebrate it making more than TLJ yet.  Legs will be typical sequel type legs for Avengers.  I don't see it getting more than a 2.4X.

I'd put 2.2x as a cap myself 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Yes, the douche is the guy who spent years of his life making a movie, not the guy still pointing fingers on the internet for the millionth time

Are you confusing me with someone else because I don't regularly shit on TLJ(nor am I even that attached to SW), I don't even have the time to post that much anymore(haven't for months now due to the new jerb).  I only really have time to shitpost and read the politics thread laughing at people that still think Russiagate is real.  I don't have a problem with Rian Johnson even though he made a shitty SW, its not like I think he's a hack.  Hell, he made a great movie Looper and directed the best Breaking Bad episode.  I just like to stir the pot sometimes.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1