CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

11 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I would argue they need to bring back Luke to keep Episode 9 flat from Episode 8. 

I'd be shocked if he isn't in the movie.  It may only be as a force ghost but I would bet on him playing a pretty big role in Episode 9.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

The man who owns our local comic book store messaged me like five minutes after the movie and said the thought it was gonna go off a cliff next weekend. (Basically, the ending). I think it will be interesting to see how this plays out this week. 

Yeah its hard to tell - I won't be seeing it again. And besides the ending it is looooooooong!

13 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Really? What was the last relevant record? Just Curious...

DVD sales have declined rapidly since 2011. So I doubt there has been any new record when it comes to DVD sales since then.

Frozen broke the Blu-Ray sales record beating Avatar (Avatar was around 153.5m during Mar '14 when Frozen was released). Since then only TFA has come close with 150.8m. The next best are Avengers (120m) & DM2 (115.3m)

Note - These are incomplete data but we can use these figures to extrapolate the total domestic Blu-Ray/HV sales.

Edit: When I said Frozen broke the record, I meant in total units sold and not in absolute figures. Avatar is still reigning supreme. @IronJimbo

Edited by MaxAggressor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DMan7 said:

Yea the draft shaved 10-15M off the preview numbers for IW.

Not sure if serious...

Even I wouldn't make that case, but I definitely think it could be $3-4mm (i.e. 300-400k people or perhaps 1% of the people who watched at least one minute of the NFL draft).

• Like 1

Are y'all shitting me with some of your reactions? 39M is a fucking incredible number. It beats the previous superhero midnight record (TDKR) by over 8M, and the previous MCU record by over 11M. Some of you are acting as if not hitting motherfucking Star Wars numbers is the end of the world :hahaha: Right now, I see 230's for the full weekend. Massive, massive number. Should be good for around mid 500's DOM.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Saturday will tell the tale. That's when Black Panther, Avengers, Iron Man  3 all had impressive days that paved for outrageous weekend numbers.

Yep, MCU movies are big Sat players so nothing is over until Sat number. :)

Edited by Valonqar

4 minutes ago, BugsBunny said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000348839/article/nfl-draft-sets-ratings-record-with-32-million-viewers

It happened in 2014. And the ratings were comparable, down 5% this year...

On Fox it got 3.9 million viewers. No way between NFLN and ESPN it got over 25 million. Also not sure where these guys are getting their ratings from but THR reported that Fox got a 1.1 rating and 3.9 million viewers. 

From THR: 

Fox got a nice lift from its typical Thursday smattering of Gotham and Showtime at the Apollowith primetime coverage of the NFL draft. It gave the network a 1.1 rating in the key demo and 3.9 million viewers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BugsBunny said:

Not sure if serious...

Even I wouldn't make that case, but I definitely think it could be $3-4mm (i.e. 300-400k people or perhaps 1% of the people who watched at least one minute of the NFL draft).

If anything... This. And those same folks will see it Friday through Sunday. Viewership for the draft dips drastically after opening night.

22 minutes ago, DAJK said:

III went up 80M from II

no way it will happen again when TLJ was so much sucker and dumber than AOTC unless they are able to restore the Force....

no more discussion over whether the TLJ was suck,because it is the fact... 

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Yea the draft shaved 10-15M off the preview numbers for IW.

I love NFL football, don't give 2 shits about the draft. 

I don't understand the appeal of watching that one bit. Whoever gets selected that night may not even be on the team come September in some cases. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1