CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

3 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I mean he's... fine? He didn't really get a chance to shine and the movie leaned way too much into his comedic nature, turning him into a punching bag most of the time. I wouldn't put him in a top 5 list or anything like that, but he was enjoyable enough. It'd be nice to see him again, Spader was great in the role. 

That is exactly why he’s top-tier. 

Overtly dramatic muderbot of a child is how Ultron should be, especially in the context of the movie.

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Natasha manipluting the Hulk to keep him useful makes too much sense.

It would be awesome if she was exposed somehow.

But I love the "sun's getting low" running joke in Thor 3.

The cheesy smile Thor gives when he thinks hes getting to Hulk never fails to make me laugh

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

But BruceNat gave us this...

Which then gave us this.. :rofl:

Thor's goofy grin right before he gets slammed never fails to make me laugh. Hemsworth has come a long way since Dark World. He's gotten an all-around upgrade where he went from most boring Avenger to now most likable and powerful Avenger. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

From an opening weekend of 250, following the legs of five similar releases, it would hit......

714- Spider Man Homecoming

665- Guardians 2

645- Thor

600- Ultron

569 (nice) - Civil War

The average of these five is about 638, so that's what I'm going to predict! Math, baby!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sam said:

That is exactly why he’s top-tier. 

Overtly dramatic muderbot of a child is how Ultron should be, especially in the context of the movie.

A villain should be threatening in some level though. Ultron never made me feel like the characters were ever in any real danger. He was like something of a 80s Saturday morning cartoon. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mekanos said:

A villain should be threatening in some level though. Ultron never made me feel like the characters were ever in any real danger. He was like something of a 80s Saturday morning cartoon. 

Every chance they got to make Ultron threatening was used to give us a cheap and unfunny joke. Even Loki got to be threatening. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

From an opening weekend of 250, following the legs of five similar releases, it would hit......

714- Spider Man Homecoming

665- Guardians 2

645- Thor

600- Ultron

569 (nice) - Civil War

The average of these five is about 638, so that's what I'm going to predict! Math, baby!

It’s a good thing this movie moved up a week huh? Your 400M club is surviving and strongly kicking.

• Like 1

If Saturday's estimate drops to 79 m and then drops 20% on Sunday then IW will miss the OW record.

What are the chances of this happening?

I think Friday/Sat estimates will go up slightly and Sunday's drop will be softer than 20%.

50 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

That fight did not kill Age of Ultron, decent but not really good word of mouth did. If people loved Age of Ultron it would have rebounded opening weekend and would have had slightly longer legs. I wish people would stop ignoring the obvious and using that fight.

Sooo WoM was not good on Saturday but turned to amazing WoM on Sunday to give it the best Sunday drop of any big MCU movie opener in May + all 200m openers as well then turned not good again after to give it average legs? :huh:

I’d love for you to explain that. 

• Like 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

If Saturday's estimate drops to 79 m and then drops 20% on Sunday then IW will miss the OW record.

What are the chances of this happening?

I think Friday/Sat estimates will go up slightly and Sunday's drop will be softer than 20%.

West Coast is gonna pull through for us. $80m+ Saturday. Spillover across the country means a pretty good chance of 20% or better hold on Sunday. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Then again that describes most of Marvels villains before 2017 pretty much 

58 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Db6iywKV4AA5JAR.jpg

:wub:

I predicted 3 years ago that the internet would turn on them like they did Whedon, Raimi, Singer, and all other fanboy directors before them but it hasn't come yet...

Have we finally found the VISIONARY DIRECTOR(S)?

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Sooo WoM was not good on Saturday but turned to amazing WoM on Sunday to give it the best Sunday drop of any big MCU movie opener in May + all 200m openers as well then turned not good again after to give it average legs? :huh:

I’d love for you to explain that. 

I think AoU just wasn't an event. The Avengers and IW are both movies that EVERYONE won't shut up about. AoU was just a regular sequel. 

• Thanks 1