CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Sooo WoM was not good on Saturday but turned to amazing WoM on Sunday to give it the best Sunday drop of any big MCU movie opener in May + all 200m openers as well then turned not good again after to give it average legs? :huh:

I’d love for you to explain that. 

I already said that the fight hurt the film for one day and only one day but you had fanboys claiming that it somehow hurt the film during it's entire run. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

It’s a good thing this movie moved up a week huh? Your 400M club is surviving and strongly kicking.

Its cold as fuck in most of the country, no way this counts as summer, my club still owns

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

I think AoU just wasn't an event. The Avengers and IW are both movies that EVERYONE won't shut up about. AoU was just a regular sequel. 

Yep. As soon as it was revealed Thanon wasn’t going to be the villain on Avengers 2 it felt like a placeholder 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Its cold as fuck in most of the country, no way this counts as summer, my club still owns

That’s what I said lol

• Like 1

Listen motherfuckers I made a Straight Outta Compton over 55m OW club and half of ya'll predicted high teens for it. Win some lose some baby. 

Oh and Black Panther still beating Infinity War.....*Jadakiss laugh*

• Like 4

Age Of Ultron was just a generic Marvel movie with the cast members of the Avengers in it. The Avengers was billed as an unprecedented mega-crossover. Thanks to the Guardians, Spider-Man, Strange, and Panther, all of whom have headlined very successful movies, Infinity War is also an unprecedented mega-crossover, which it's capitalizing on perfectly. Now I'm curious about its legs.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I predicted 3 years ago that the internet would turn on them like they did Whedon, Raimi, Singer, and all other fanboy directors before them but it hasn't come yet...

Have we finally found the VISIONARY DIRECTOR(S)?

Holy shit you guys post fast. I fucked up my post and edited it and there were like 20 new posts within a minute. 

8 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

A villain should be threatening in some level though. Ultron never made me feel like the characters were ever in any real danger. He was like something of a 80s Saturday morning cartoon. 

Agreed , ultron was shit. Too bad because he is a great villain in the comics and had the fantastic James Spader voice.

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

If only you didn't have all those posts in it talking about how AIW would make under $400m. <_<

I can't lie, I thought that after Ultron and Civil War had their respective drops that another big team up wouldn't be such an event, and even less GA appeal because of the continuity stuff. But when you factor in Guardians and Black Panther (and Spider-Man and Strange I guess, I don't think they added much in terms of BO though), it clearly ended up being this massive event. Plus, people didn't take it as a Part One, and they didn't market it as such, which is huge and not what I expected. Also the reviews were good, better than I expected them to be (though honestly, if you had show me the same movie and not told me the RT score, I would have thought that it was like 55%) After that first trailer dropped and I get all those views I knew I was kinda fucked tbh.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

If Saturday's estimate drops to 79 m and then drops 20% on Sunday then IW will miss the OW record.

What are the chances of this happening?

I think Friday/Sat estimates will go up slightly and Sunday's drop will be softer than 20%.

If sat comes at 80 then IW will need a -22.5% or better drop to get the record (assuming 106 OD). 

Of all MCU movies that opened big in May only Avengers has had a drop lower than that at 18%. All others dropped more ranging from 23.7% for GoTG2 to 30.9% for IM3

But since this is doing such huge numbers there is a chance that there is spillover into Sunday. Every 200m opener had a drop below 20%

Overall I would say even with a massive 80m Sat the OW is not locked. So lets hope the actual shifts upto 82-83 as that would pretty much lock it up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Box Office Freak said:

I don't know who you're talking about but I'm beginning to think Avatar will remain number 1 forever and I'm talking WW

Inflation always catches up. 

• Like 1