CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

don't know about everyone else but I can EASILY wait and an extra day if it means not having get on my knees and beg you for numbers

You're already on your knees over at Jim's house, so doesn't matter....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 19
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, lobogotti said:

I know I may get laughed at, but there are only two films in the next few years that have a chance at the OW record.

1. Obviously Avengers 4... with the way it ends and the superior quality of the film, what they’ll do with Captain Marvel, increased fanbase from Black Panther and the year long wait which is a LONG time given how good IW was.  It has a real chance to beat these numbers.

Thursday number will be $40-50M and then quality/WOM will determine the remainder of the weekend.

2.  And this is where people laugh, Avatar 2.  Yes, not truly known for superior story, in hindsight, but it’s been out of the public eye for a LONG time.  

Disney helped the film by making the ride the coolest experience at Disney World.  Tens of thousands of people daily are waiting three hours, mystified but the world of Avatar, keeping the property relevant and subconsciously building a young fanbase.

I wouldn’t bet on it beating the OW record, but at this point it’s the only film I think might have a chance.

Avatar 2 could be a massive hit just like the 1st one, but it is going to have to get a similar way as the original. Most if not all anticipation has dwindled because it has taken so long. I see a OW between 120-150 and then if Cameron delivers (which he has a habit of doing) it was have amazing Holiday legs and probably work its way to 700m+.  Just don't see it as a threat to OW record. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The fact that the MCU is going from two 240M+ mega openers to a 200M DOM total grosser in a matter of months is :hahaha: .

At least 3.8 billion WW in under six months.

Most studios would give their left nut to achieve half that. :hahaha:

Actually a quarter. :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

Edited by grey ghost

2018 is an insane year for superhero movies.

Panther doing near $700M, IW looking at doing $600M+, Incredibles 2 with a huge chance for $500M+, Deadpool 2 might do $400M+, Aquaman (however I wonder if December competition hurts it) Venom and Ant Man 2, all have chances of $300M, Animated Spider-Man can do $200M and TTG can hit $100M.

• Haha 1

Just now, DAR said:

Glad to see some fresh arguments popping up about the latest batch of SW films 

When a Star Wars movie opens, arguments about Marvel ensue.

When a Marvel movie opens, arguments about Star Wars ensue.

Life truly is a vicious circle.

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

2018 is an insane year for superhero movies.

Panther doing near $700M, IW looking at doing $600M+, Incredibles 2 with a huge chance for $500M+, Deadpool 2 might do $400M+, Aquaman (however I wonder if December competition hurts it) Venom and Ant Man 2, all have chances of $300M, Animated Spider-Man can do $200M and TTG can hit $100M.

Image result for it's not going to happen gif