CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

13 hours ago, lancelot123 said:

Or they can just cast Chris Pratt!

The first one was also when 3D was fairly new. People are either used to it, or over it by now. It's still going to do pretty well since I'm sure Jim won't have 2D versions for people to see like we get with other movies. I don't recall ever seeing any showings of the first one in my area in 2D.

I wouldn't say people are used to 3D but don't care as much. People want a movie that 3D is a must-see and since Avatar I don't think we had movies like that.

Avatar 2 will be a must see in 3D that's the difference.

5 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

if resurrected Stephen Lang owns a lot of Navi in the sequel while smoking a cigar spouting off cheesy mustache twirling dialogue, i'll see it

well Stephen lang's resurrection is already confirmed but I'm sure I'll see you there regardless 4Af27Ho.png

19 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

Going to see it again for the 3rd time @ 7pm. This will be my last time in theaters until May 12th when I'm taking my mother (who loves Thor). The showing is down to 4 seats left so demand still seems to be incredibly high. Sub 20% drop is my estimation. 

Took my mom on Friday cause I love her and wouldn't want to torture her with the wait. She's hooked on Marvel movies. Seen them all at least twice minus BP. Up to date on SHIELD as well.

16 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I once tried to rewatch Avatar. Fell asleep around 1 hour into it, never tried again.

Same. Saw it two or three times in the theater, but without the amazing 3D visuals at home, I haven't been able to watch it since.

Has anyone seen the roasting The New Yorker is getting?

https://mashable.com/2018/04/29/new-yorker-avengers-infinity-war

:hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

if resurrected Stephen Lang owns a lot of Navi in the sequel while smoking a cigar spouting off cheesy mustache twirling dialogue, i'll see it

I don't think he died in the first one. But for me, if Jim had managed to get Brolin for the villain role, I might download a camrip bootleg to watch Avatar 2

17 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

Probably after it’s finished, released and made around 3B WW in total.

In a way its a shame. I DO think he’s the man to make the follow-up, non-Skywalker centric trilogy. The problem was that he wasn’t the right director for Last Jedi. The Skywalker story wasn’t QUITE done yet and he did the fans and this trilogy a disservice by jumping the gun in moving on.

1 minute ago, LaughingEvans said:

I don't think he died in the first one. But for me, if Jim had managed to get Brolin for the villain role, I might download a camrip bootleg to watch Avatar 2

Didn’t he die? I thought something blew him up after the mech-Navi mano-a-mano fight.

7 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

Spidey and Ragnarok were also mini-cross over movies to an extent.  You had Hulk all over the Ragnarok trailer and Tony all over the Spidey trailer.

It could have increased 25% in DOM gross from Witer Soldier less than half of Ragnarok's 50%+ over Thor2 and end up close to 340m. My point is Civil War isn't that much closer to the floor of a proper Avengers movie (which we can safely set now at AoU) than to what a well reviewed CA3 that wasn't a major crossover event would do. It's right in the middle so whether anyone wanna call it mini-Avengers or heavily boosted CA3 it's a bit of both. 

• Like 1

Just now, LaughingEvans said:

I haven't seen it since 2010 but I'm pretty sure he died when he had 3 big navi arrows shot into his chest.  Anyways, Brolin had more important things to do like Soldado, the main MCU villain, and the upcoming masterpiece of high art Deadpool 2.

5 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

I wouldn't say people are used to 3D but don't care as much. People want a movie that 3D is a must-see and since Avatar I don't think we had movies like that.

Avatar 2 will be a must see in 3D that's the difference.

Any live action movie that's actually filmed in 3D has been just as visually appealing as Avatar. Transformers and The Hobbit movies come to mind. I was one of the few fans of 3D HFR. Marvel has certainly improved on conversions over the years, but it's still not the same.

2 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Didn’t he die? I thought something blew him up after the mech-Navi mano-a-mano fight.

he's coming back though isn't he? his brain was probably stored in that dumbass tree or some shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Will try to keep this updated since we're just starting out. Avatar's run-up was just ridiculously stable.

Just doing 25 days for now. Will increase to 50 after.

RIVUGnX.png

Edited by A2M
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Sam said:

I’m very okay with Paul Rudd and Michael Pena just chilling and do whatever they do in the Ant-Man films, regardless of whether the universe around them is ending/collapsing or not.

In retrospect that (plus CM) might be the ideal tonal palette cleanser for the MCU after IW and before we enter the endgame. 

(Though to be fair DEADPOOL 2 even before Ant-Man 2 will greatly help.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

he's coming back though isn't he? his brain was probably stored in that dumbass tree or some shit.

nah that tree god wouldn't save him since he tried to kill all the navi

i hope he's resurrected with some evil corporate capitalist technology as a half human half machine cyborg with unobtainium