CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

52 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's harder to believe that the Ewan Obi at the end of the prequels in 20 years looks as old as Alec Guiness

Well, it's amazing how someone's hard life can make them look in 10 or 20 years. 

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

People are on such a high they might start predicting Ant-Man to open with 150mil. Cool it guys, not ever Marvel film is making over 500mil in North America. None of the Marvel films last year hit 400mil.

I hope it can get to 80M.  Hard for me to see it going much higher than that

19 minutes ago, Mulder said:

It's amazing that EmpireCity got a massive call out for being snarky but IronJimbo's been allowed to do this same song and dance constantly.

EmpireCity's a pretentious attention whore who receives gratification and personal satisfaction in his life by posting numbers on a box office forum and tries to act like the victim when he's attacking others. 

IronJimbo's just there

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
  • ...wtf 2

Idk I did the math last night and using every post-Avengers 1 increase for MCU sequels the highest I could get Ant-Man is like 83 mill and 240 total. I'll go on the high end just because the character has alot more room to grow in popularity but yea like 85/240 is what I'm seeing there.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

EmpireCity's a pretentious attention whore who receives gratification and personal satisfaction in his life by posting numbers on a box office forum and tries to act like the victim when he's attacking others. 

IronJimbo's just there

This is gonna go great! 

• Haha 2

Can we call Civil War a Cap movie yet or do we need to wait another year to confirm that "The Avengers" brand is on a whole other level?

Plenty of folks here were completely sure IW would decrease from CW "because A2 and A2.5 kept decreasing", some of them are still here claiming that it will have poor legs "because Civil War!!!1!!1"

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

IronJimbo's just there

I think I will start comparing every movie to Gone with the Wind's adjusted gross and jeering at their pathetic box office.  That can be my new shtick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, expensiveho said:

Can we call Civil War a Cap movie yet or do we need to wait another year to confirm that "The Avengers" brand is on a whole other level?

Plenty of folks here were completely sure IW would decrease from CW "because A2 and A2.5 kept decreasing", some of them are still here claiming that it will have poor legs "because Civil War!!!1!!1"

Anyone who ever took either stance in that debate is such a pedant lmao

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Idk I did the math last night and using every post-Avengers 1 increase for MCU sequels the highest I could get Ant-Man is like 83 mill and 240 total. I'll go on the high end just because the character has alot more room to grow in popularity but yea like 85/240 is what I'm seeing there.

Did you account for the Pfeiffer effect

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Noctis said:

IronJimbo's just there

"Just there", unless you're a MCU fan then he's a swarm of gnats every 5 seconds.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

I think I will start comparing every movie to Gone with the Wind's adjusted gross and jeering at their pathetic box office.  That can be my new shtick.

I mean... if you want to talk about a film re-released 11+ times over 60 years in a time before home cinema go ahead, but comparisons to modern blockbusters won't be useful.

9 minutes ago, Noctis said:

IronJimbo's just there

EC said he liked the Fantastic Beasts footage 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

I'm in the contrarian IW-is-peak-MCU camp. The next several will do well, but the highest heights have been reached.

It's like I traveled back in time when ppl said the same thing about Avengers. :insane:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3