CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

Just now, Ozymandias said:

nah that tree god wouldn't save him since he tried to kill all the navi

i hope he's resurrected with some evil corporate capitalist technology as a half human half machine cyborg with unobtainium 

i think the tree god is gonna put him in a navi body to teach him a lesson like the kevin spacey cat movie.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I wonder what Marvel movie will cross the 300m barrier?  Secret Wars? Secret Invasion? A crossover to fight Gallactus?

Maybe a Squirrel Girl movie will do the trick.

Avengers 4 will come very close and I am deadly serious. First of all I believe that Disney is extremely conservative with the 250 million number for this, it’s like the Disney executives had a meeting and decided to release the smallest possible number IW should make this weekend, just enough to get the headlines for the ow record and not jeopardize any embarrassment when the actuals come out. The Sunday number after the gigantic saturday one seems silly to me. 

So with that in mind I believe , when the marketing starts, people will go crazy over A4 , even more so after the success and the ending of IW. I expect a substantially bigger preview number combined with the usual huge Friday+Saturday+Sunday for A4 and an ow that will shock and come close to 300 million. I don’t believe that IW is the best an avengers film can do, on the contrary IW has actually increased the potential of the next avengers film.

• Like 3

IW 2018  Opeing Wknd
Domestic:  $250,000,000    39.7%
Foreign:  $380,000,000    60.3%

= Worldwide:  $630,000,000  

A Thou Shalt Not Say da Name movie from 2017 Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $229,024,295    34.8%
Foreign:  $428,900,000    65.2%

= Worldwide:  $657,924,295  

:ohmyzod::ohmygod::sarah::gold::bourne::hahaha:

Edited by vc2002
  • Haha 4

Possibly a 800m+ global opening weekend looking at the pre-sales in China ? This is getting a bit ridiculous.

That is obliterating the previous record by a lot.

Edited by Barnack

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

Wonder what the DC Films office looks like 

Cardboard boxes permanently in a corner because who knows who is getting axed as scapegoat for an underperformance.