CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

6 hours ago, jjack339 said:

yes, but by how much 1-2 million?? Hardly enough to say that TFA did not reach max output for 2014. My simple point is not detract from either movie but offer the possibility that both movies are pretty much maxing out possibilities in their own given time. 

Going to beat TFA’s true weekend by like 30M, adjusted by maybe 20M. That’s a solid 10% clobbering. Clear as day that TFA wasn’t operating near capacity for Fri/Sat/Sun, though it very likely was for Thursday.

1 hour ago, jjack339 said:

if they were to adjust Avatar to 2018 I am pretty sure its overall foreign total would drop. In 2009 the dollar hit rock bottom which acted as a major multiplier for Avatar's grosses. I ran the math back in early 2016, but if currency exchange rates had remained the same TFA would have surpassed Avatar WW by about 100 million. There were certain markets for Avatar that were massive like Brazil where it took in 58 million, but in mid 2015 their market and currency collapsed and TFA could not even scrounge 1/2 of what Avatar did. 

it's funny you should say that because I also ran the numbers and Avatar would have made over 3.5b with 2015 ticket prices

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It was delayed because they want to reshoot half the movie in September after the test screenings.... or something like that :hahaha:

No, I am pretty sure it was much later than this.

Maybe, I can't find the comment but I felt like it was around this time or a bit earlier when he said it would shock people (not when he gave his number estimate). Oh well, fingers crossed for 10% over the Sunday record! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

it's funny you should say that because I always ran the numbers and Avatar would have made over 3.5b with 2015 ticket prices

So all you did was take the US price difference and apply that to the entire world? Doesn't work like that lmao. 

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

It's amazing that EmpireCity got a massive call out for being snarky but IronJimbo's been allowed to do this same song and dance constantly.

But Avatar Avatar Avatar Avatar Avatar Avatar Avatar

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, Mulder said:

It's amazing that EmpireCity got a massive call out for being snarky but IronJimbo's been allowed to do this same song and dance constantly.

Cuz no one reads IronJimbo's posts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16

21 hours ago, DarthPynchon said:

I feel like Captain Marvel, assuming it is a great film, will challenge BvS’s March Record. Catalogue this tweet for later.

It's Beauty and the Beast with 174.75M. While I'm sure the film will open higher then Wonder Woman, I'm positive Captain Marvel has none of the momentum or circumstances that led to Black Panther or Beauty to making so much.

I think it can get 700-1B. 

4 minutes ago, BardCrank said:

So who is doing the " A4 OW > AIW OW " club ?

I will definately be in that club, I seriously think that A4 will approach a.... 300 million ow;)

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 3

I think based on the possible additions and AIW's ending, Avengers 4 definitely has a shot next year to break this record again. Way too early to tell though. *whisper voice* still think Lion King has a shot to break it too guys

• Like 4

People are on such a high they might start predicting Ant-Man to open with 150mil. Cool it guys, not ever Marvel film is making over 500mil in North America. None of the Marvel films last year hit 400mil.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2