CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

Well, I pretty much loved it.  Best Marvel movie since the Avengers.  I loved the battles, loved seeing all the heroes in one place together and loved Brolin as Thanos.  Almost cried twice as well.

9/10

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 9

1 minute ago, Biggestgeekever said:

The first estimate was 130-145

Rth explained it a while back. 

They could see total sales for matinees that had already started, plus presales for the rest of the day, so they were guessing at what walkups would be for the rest of the day and were using ratios that only apply to movies with much lower presales, there simply weren't enough good seats left to accommodate anything close to the level of walkups that any other blockbuster has had, which led to that early estimate of 73-88 for true Friday business.

• Like 10

Just now, baumer said:

Well, I pretty much loved it.  Best Marvel movie since the Avengers.  I loved the battles, loved seeing all the heroes in one place together and loved Brolin as Thanos.  Almost cried twice as well.

9/10

EEK! Makes me excited for tomorrow.... *sigh* why do I have to be busy tonight..... Glad you liked it

• Thanks 1

Just now, MattW said:

Rth explained it a while back. 

They could see total sales for matinees that had already started, plus presales for the rest of the day, so they were guessing at what walkups would be for the rest of the day and were using ratios that only apply to movies with much lower presales, there simply weren't enough good seats left to accommodate anything close to the level of walkups that any other blockbuster has had, which led to that early estimate of 73-88 for true Friday business.

Yup, again, the reason why the "ceiling" is a very real thing

• Like 4

Just now, baumer said:

9/10

tumblr_ouqt2nXYTo1tcsdqso1_500.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

9/10

I see what you did there.

• Like 1

Saw it yesterday, it was really good. Not as good as Thor 3 (my favorite Marvel film probably), but still good. And all I will say is-cliffhanger! (That tells you nothing)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I would figure any friend of yours would know that the last time you went to the movies was 2009. 

I am sure he also went in 2010. He is that obsessed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Week long forum-wide bans for spoilers:

@MovieMan89

@TheDarkKnightOfSteel

@Valonqar

48 hour threadbans for responding to spoilers:

@MrPink

@Lordmandeep

48 hours for impersonating BKB:

@BKB AVENGER/Tree

You forgot @That Ambitious Guy Being threadbanned for all his shit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Impact said:

Saw it yesterday, it was really good. Not as good as Thor 3 (my favorite Marvel film probably), but still good. And all I will say is-cliffhanger! (That tells you nothing)

So the old guard still lives I see.

• Like 1