CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

4 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

That aside...could China opening be even bigger than US? Thoughts?

I do not believe that will happen. The current record is under $190m USD. I don’t see IW beating that by $50 million. 

But it could break the China record, yes. 

Edited by The Mad Titan

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Not sure, I haven't looked at that yet.  

Thanks.  Wasn't on my radar before..but I think they will love this movie and that box office potential is much higher than even a year ago.  Think they have a holiday that weekend too...so I actually see this happening

4 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

I do not believe that will happen. The current record is under $190m USD. I don’t see IW beating that by $50 million. 

I'm leaning on the other side now.  Think hype by then will be just crazy and it'll be very well received.  Wouldn't have thought it possible before..

12 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

That aside...could China opening be even bigger than US? Thoughts?

I dont wanna say its impossible because you never know what can happen but I can confidently say that its highly highly unlikely. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

Didn't F8 open to $198M there?

4 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Let’s see what Infinity War will do this weekend, think the OW record is a bit of a stretch but we’ll see.  Could go up or down, no one really knows how front loaded it’ll be this weekend

Previews to Friday opening ratio already prove to be much less frontloaded than Star Wars (which is a given but still need to be said) and most of other 170M+ OW movies.

If Friday already behaved like, what others been insisting on, a Marvel movie; don’t see why Saturday wouldn’t.

Edited by Sam
  • Like 5