CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

Fuck this movie. I wake up early and check if theres seats at the theater near me that has the new LED screen by sony in Los Angeles.  Theres only one auditorium that has the screen. Theres 20 seats available when I wake up at 8am. I take 15 mins to get there... and all the fucking seats are gone. FML. I have moviepass so couldn't buy it online

Edited by YLF
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Is it safe to type those letters in this thread? I have been staying away out of fear.

Didn't see any rules prohibiting this so no, it would be specifically mentioned.

Don't worry, indulge yourself :P

Just now, YLF said:

Fuck this movie. I wake up early and check if theres seats at the theater near me that has the new LED screen by sony in Los Angeles.  Theres only one auditorium that has the screen. Theres 20 seats available when I wake up at 8am. I take 15 mins to get there... and all the fucking seats are gone. FML I have moviepass so couldn't buy it online

You are surprised?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

I am the last one to scream fudge, but Disney is slightly bullshitting with that Friday number.  

Oh well, that is their call.  Still a massive number and today is going to shock people.  

Why fudge down?

2 minutes ago, YLF said:

Fuck this movie. I wake up early and check if theres seats at the theater near me that has the new LED screen by sony in Los Angeles.  Theres only one auditorium that has the screen. Theres 20 seats available when I wake up at 8am. I take 15 mins to get there... and all the fucking seats are gone. FML I have moviepass so couldn't buy it online

i have moviepass also, but i think i'm gonan actually buy a ticket for my first showing, than use moviepass for repeat viewings.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

You are surprised?

Not really, but I checked right before I left... and I thought there would be at least one seat since it was so early in the morning when I went.

10 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

The contrast between this and Justice League is really baffling when you think about it, in terms of both quality and box office..it's like night and day!

9e81bd9b4cdbdce7d0cb34ef45957849769e9783

I feel bad for for them lately. We do deserve a great Justice League movie some time. Great characters. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HeyItsMoses said:

i have moviepass also, but i think i'm gonan actually buy a ticket for my first showing, than use moviepass for repeat viewings.

I already saw the movie on thursday I bought those tickets back in March lol. This would have been my second viewing. You know movie pass only allows you to see a movie once now, right?

Edited by YLF
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, YLF said:

Sounds like moviepass is not that helpful.

16 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I think it just looks better and they can get at least $10m for US tv rights. Might apply internationally too, I’m not too sure. 

Some of the Black Panther profits will be used to make up the Wrinkle In Time loss, which is probably about -$90m just now. Big flop for Disney. 

Even with this weekend's increase, I don't see how AWiT gets to $100 million. It will require several consecutive weeks of obvious fudging if Disney actually wants to reach that milestone. On the other hand, barring a theater collapse Black Panther should hit $700 million without additional effort from Disney now - only $12 million away after this weekend. Fingers crossed the home release doesn't mess up its final legs.

Just now, LaughingEvans said:

Sounds like moviepass is not that helpful.

It's great for any movie that isn't a bonkers event film. I've seen so many movies with it already paid for itself but now I guess I'll have to buy a ticket for Rampage at the only theater without assigned seats and then sneak into IW repeat showings. 

Disney is notorious for releasing home video/ digital releases while their more leggy films are still in a lot of theaters.

Pretty sure Frozen was still making like $2-3M a week when the home video release landed and came incredibly close to sabotaging its road to $400M