CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I am the last one to scream fudge, but Disney is slightly bullshitting with that Friday number.  

Oh well, that is their call.  Still a massive number and today is going to shock people.  

Fudging IW? Or fudging BP/AWiT

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

And now I can feel that thanos is coming to that Brazilian's Titanic of highest grossing film of all time! (USD75.6m) 

Will never happen, the exchange rate is atrocious...But becoming the highest-grossing movie of all time in local currency? Yes, it can!

The movie holding that title for now is...Avengers Age of Ultron!

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I am the last one to scream fudge, but Disney is slightly bullshitting with that Friday number.  

Oh well, that is their call.  Still a massive number and today is going to shock people.  

You think its higher right?

13 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Want Friday+previews to appear on par with Last Jedi rather than notably above?

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Apollo2xx said:

LOL I would love this but is impossible.

5 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Will never happen, the exchange rate is atrocious...But becoming the highest-grossing movie of all time in local currency? Yes, it can!

The movie holding that title for now is...Avengers Age of Ultron!

Using Avengers 2 as reference point, the ticket price in brazil is almost 3.5 times higher than in the titanic's era.

Ironically, the ER of brazillian real also drop more than 3 times from Titanic's era, making a direct comparison in USD become possible since the worsening in ER was completely offset by hyped inflation.

This is why sometime, I think the ER effect when totaling the OS box office gross is not that much , partly the reason of weak ER always come with inflation. Meaning if brazilian real is weak, ticket price would go higher, making the net negative effect become smaller.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

I’m guessing for syndication deals. 100m barrier is an important one. 

True, but if it really does get close to the OW record then I imagine they'll change their tune on a couple of measly bucks on a movie everyone forgot already.

22 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

$90M Saturday confirmed

23 minutes ago, fmpro said:

You think its higher right?

Obviously hense the “still a massive number” line in his post, as if the number is slightly fudged lower but it’s still massive. Disappointing on disney’s part if true, but whatever. Hoping for a monster Saturday number.

• Like 1