CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

2 hours ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

MrPink got banned for only 4 days despite violating a thread ban automatically meaning 7 days minimum.  the system is rigged

All ban lengths can be adjusted up/down after the staff talks it over.  We had decided a long time ago that accidental posting when threadbanned can be revised downward.

1 hour ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Fudging IW? Or fudging BP/AWiT

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

Disney fudging downwards? How is that even possible?

It's just and estimate... its not actuals.  Disney has always been conservative... especially since AOU

Just now, Mango said:

Disney is notorious for releasing home video/ digital releases while their more leggy films are still in a lot of theaters.

Pretty sure Frozen was still making like $2-3M a week when the home video release landed and came incredibly close to sabotaging its road to $400M

It almost killed BatB's chance of $500 million too. I understand they want to strike while the iron is hot to increase DVD sales, but it's painful for a BO follower to see these films potentially miss big milestones because of this. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Disney is notorious for releasing home video/ digital releases while their more leggy films are still in a lot of theaters.

Pretty sure Frozen was still making like $2-3M a week when the home video release landed and came incredibly close to sabotaging its road to $400M

Also terrible at predicting toy demand as they barely made any Frozen dolls and like no baby groot merch during GOTG1 release 

:thinking:  @CJohn

MrPink got banned for only 4 days despite violating a thread ban automatically meaning 7 days minimum.  the system is rigged

@That Ambitious Guy maybe MrPink has an inside man covering his back  :thinking:

Btw, @That Ambitious Guy has been banned for making me WASTE MY PRECIOUS TIME by mentioning me in one of his posts. Nobody has time for stupid TOG posts.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I WENT TO SLEEP WITH THE PROMISE OF SOMETHING GREAT AND NOW I WAKE UP TO SEE THIS 105.9M GARBAGE?!?

Awesome numbers :)

Don’t worry, we’ll be up to a  N̖̭̜̟͈̯̦̼͆ͮ͊̏ͮͪ͜ͅi̷͖̬̳̔ͬ̔̈́̿̔ͬ͜ç̱͕̞͌̐͐̎ͮ́͝è̛͉̪͑ͣ͢ 106.9M with actuals.

3 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

wish this was implemented back in August :( 

You wouldn't get it revised down, if anything it would be extended. :hahaha:

15 minutes ago, a2knet said:

10-15% jump from true friday (68) is 75-78. that would be shocking. folks are already prepared for 70+.

75 wouldn't be that big of a shock. TA1 and JW1 both are around $78m adjusted for inflation. I'd love to see $80m today. Now that would shock a lot of people. :D

34 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

So some people ran into Tom Holland and Zendaya at a movie theater seeing IW together, Are they dating or what????

Guy and gal can really be best of friends too. 

But they would also be cute together. Tom is such a hyper kid, someone coolheaded like her seems right for him lol.

29 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I feel bad for for them lately. We do deserve a great Justice League movie some time. Great characters. 

Yeah, me too...I really wanted this to be great, let's hope they'll rebound. A reboot of the DCEU would be really nice.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

75 wouldn't be that big of a shock. TA1 and JW1 both are around $78m adjusted for inflation. I'd love to see $80m today. Now that would shock a lot of people. :D

Just needs a little less than a CW 21% hike. :D

With less school being out this week than the first w/ of May (as Deadline told us a month ago when low balling their o/w prediction)  along with many taking finals it's as possible as not.  Also could partially explain why the avg age of the early audience was 58% over 25  vs 55% for AOU and 51% for CW.  Looking at the sell outs and saturation of early morning shows today and it's not that far fetched.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So do the walk ups look like CW, AOU, TA or JW?

I mean based on Thursday previews vs true Friday?

"Fine, I'll do it myself" (sloppily)

- Thanos

I dunno if these numbers make sense but...

The relationship between previews and Friday OD:

JW = 81.9/18.5 = 4.4

AOU = 84.4/27.6 = 3.0

CW = 75.5/25 = 3.0

IW = 106/39 = 2.7

Basically IW is waaay more frontloaded than JW.

But slightly more frontloaded than CW and AOU.

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

"Fine, I'll do it myself" (sloppily)

- Thanos

I dunno if these numbers make sense but...

The relationship between previews and Friday OD:

JW = 81.9/18.5 = 4.4

AOU = 84.4/27.6 = 3.0

CW = 75.5/25 = 3.0

IW = 106/39 = 2.7

Basically IW is waaay more frontloaded than JW.

But slightly more frontloaded than CW and AOU.

Based on this method TFA is the most frontloaded blockbuster of all time or something with its 119/57 ratio.

• Like 1